GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!

Go down 
+4
lakeffect
just me
phantom 309
No1Sprink
8 posters
AuthorMessage
No1Sprink

Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 3:52 pm

How to post pics!!!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm

i think there's a sticky somewhere?

i keep my photo's on an off site host,. (photobucket),..
in another window bring up your photo on your off site hosting service, right click properties, and copy the photo's address,. now go back to the wagon forum window which you already have open, Wink open up a post, click on the square icon 2 left of youtube icon, and paste the photo's address in the url box,.

Due the mean spirited paranoid mature of this forum,. we don't let newbies post pics or pm's for 7 days? or so many posts i forget,.we need to know you are a serious wagon owner,. lol!
so hang in there and be patient,.

Back to top Go down
No1Sprink

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

That makes absolutely no sense!!!
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 5:09 pm

phantom was actually very helpful with that post. He should have mentioned that this site does not host its own photos for any member, that is why you need an offsite photo host. I found that using photos already on facebook and linking to them in your post on this site seems to work.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

No1Sprink wrote:
That makes absolutely no sense!!!

Hmmm,.. 3 posts,..

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 8:08 pm

The other point is that there is a minimum post count to keep out spambots as well. A few more posts and you'll hit the minimum.

Phantom is correct. This is not Facebook or Youtube. There is no direct hosting of pictures on this site. The are linked to other hosts . I also use photobucket.com

Please read this link about posting pics.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 am

I love this place... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 10:17 am

You can host an image through the site actually...click on the little floppy disk/pic icon.

Both of these pics were uploaded and hosted through the response box just now:

Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Host_i11

Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Host_i10
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Never new that could happen.

Would you be kind enough to add that info to the link above?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Never new that could happen.

Would you be kind enough to add that info to the link above?

Updated. I'd move this post to the Pic section...but it looks like I do not have Mod privileges for Tom's sandbox.

Hey Tom! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sleeperwagon95

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 6:27 pm

I was wanting to post pics but maybe i need to wait longer since I've only been on here for a day lol. That and maybe i can't do it with my phone (laptop is busted)
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I think the key of Tom's suggestion is that the files have to be of small size. Most pics I take are way larger that the max of 800 pixels wide, and therefore will not post into the forum via Tom's method.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 8:09 pm

It's extremely simple!

[ img ] URL OF IMAGE.JPG [ /img ]
(with spaces removed obviosuly)
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Keep in mind the point is that there is no "URL" for a picture on your own computer. It still has to be posted on the internet somewhere else (like photobucket() to acquire a URL in the first place, then grab it and post it for it.

So if the only place your picture exists in on you computer, there is no way to directly load a large KB photo.e
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah it would be like this (with spaces removed)
[ img ] www.imgur.com/IMAGE.jpg [/img]

not

[ img ] C:\Users\No1Sprink\Pictures\Wagon.jpg [/img]
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Correct the 'C" means it's on your hard drive, not in internet space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!   Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting pictures!!! Can't figure out how to post pictures!!! Help!!!
Page 1 of 1