GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reverse wire color?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

Reverse wire color? Empty
PostSubject: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 2:56 am

Does anybody know where I can tap into the wire that activates the reverse lights? Or tells the auto dim mirror that the car is in reverse?

I am wrapping up my new stereo install and want the monitor to switch over to the backup camera when I put it in reverse. There is a wire on the stereo to,allow this, but other than running a wire all the way to the back of the car I have no idea where to look.

Thanks!
Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Tap into the light green wire coming from the gear position switch under the dash on the steering column near the firewall.
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

PostSubject: Re: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 pm

by doing this, I assume that you are installing a double din stereo?

If so, can you please post some photos.

I have a 92 that I would like to install a double din. The wife has a hard time seeing everything behind her. (my fault, tinted windows too dark)

I will also check the forum search, and all of the impalla forums.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:24 am

Ian-

What back up camera have you gotten and where on the gate will you be placing it? Looking forward to some pics!
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 am

I have a cheap eBay camera that was recommended on the Tahoe forums. I never got around to installing it on the Tahoe, so I'm going to try here. I plan to install it between the license plate lights, and run the wiring through the gate, then up the driver side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse wire color?   Reverse wire color? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverse wire color?
Page 1 of 1