GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another car, another forum...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sportriderok

Another car, another forum...   Empty
PostSubject: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey everyone, I found this forum when I was thinking of buying a local wagon, and now that the deal is done, I'm joining.  Name is Ken, I'm in Mannford, Oklahoma, about 40 miles west of Tulsa.  My "new" wagon is a 1978 Olds Custom Cruiser.  It is a really clean car that I am the third owner of.  I found a series of small notebooks in the ashtray documenting every drop of gas the original owner put in the car, from the day they got it in June 1978, until January, 2011 when they donated it to their church.  The second owner was a little tough on it, had a minor crash with a trailer hitch, and generally  treated it like crap.  He drove it very little, thankfully, and besides the crash damage everything else is mostly elbow grease.  I've replaced the hood so far, and have a sedan header panel to install on it until I can either find a wagon header or repair the original one.  I found a new dash panel and new warning light lenses to replace the ones "second guy" tore up, and my headliner fabric arrived today.  This thing runs and drives like it did on day one.  It's an Olds 350, the last year they used them.  This is my 4th boxy wagon.  My last full size wagon was a 94 Caprice, but I just prefer the way the old wagons run and drive.  Being a Vega guy I've learned that an active forum is crucial for those of us that don't build catalog cars, and I'm happy to see this one.  Even found a fellow H-body guy here!  (Cammerjeff, sure wish I had bought your Sunbird wagon instead of building my Vega!)

Ken
sportriderok
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Welcome Ken

Sounds like you got yourself a nice wagon! We love boxy wagons and have quite a few owners, including Jeff. Sounds like you're getting her all fixed up.

Posts some pictures when you can. I think you have to be a member for a week or 5 posts; but it is minimal.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Awesome wagon find Ken and welcome to the group.Always liked the Vega,s particularly the first years with the small bumpers.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Welcome aboard! I've been waiting a a nice and cheap boxy to come into my life but it hasn't happened yet.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Welcome to the forum. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Welcome aboard Ken. Sounds like you will fit in nicely....
Back to top Go down
sportriderok

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I really appreciate the tone and level of respect I see here. I lurk a lot of forums, but I only belong to 2 because so many are not the environment I want to hang out in. I didn't get any photos of the wagon before I started work, I've replaced both taillights as well as the hood. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful with temps in the 70's, so I should get the header on and get the hood buffed out. Apparently the salvage yard didn't keep the donor waxed very well! 3 more posts and I should have some pics for you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another car, another forum...    Another car, another forum...   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another car, another forum...
Page 1 of 1