GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?

Go down 
+3
Big Wagon Guy
Andebe
autoarcheologist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Empty
PostSubject: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 1:01 am

I was at the junkyard today and saw a few Cadillac steering wheels that were holding up much better than ours.

I actually kind of like the looks of the Buick wheel, but the top section is pretty thin, and it's hard to hold at 9 and 3 like I'm used to.

I saw this one in a 96 Deville today:

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? IMG_20150219_100433

I'd ideally like to keep the airbag, so I'm wondering if there are other Buick, Cadillac, etc. wheels that will bolt in and connect up properly.

I know at some point airbags went to dual stage, but I forget when.

Some of the later Buick wheels look pretty comfy too, like this one:

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? 76821386

I do plan to repaint my wheel, but it needs a bit of sanding/filling first, so it's not as easy as just pull, paint, reinstall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:14 am

The Regal wheel would be a nice looking change.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: GM Steering wheels   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Wheels from 90's Regal, Park Avenue, LeSabre will work. They wont have a Buick emblem on them however the wheels from a Lumina and/or Monte Carol will also bolt up and work just fine.

Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Adding to this thread, does anyone know if newer wheels would work? I was in the yard yesterday and saw a nice wood wheel in an 02 Deville (I think it was). I went back today to get it and the car was pulled and crushed.

I'm not sure if the splines would line up or if the air bag would have been compatible, but anyway it looked like this:

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? 49703103
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 11:39 pm

I have seen that wheel in a Fleetwood before, so it should work in a RMW as well.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 2:08 am

Stingroo wrote:
I have seen that wheel in a Fleetwood before, so it should work in a RMW as well.

That's good to know. I'll keep an eye out. There were two of them in the yard yesterday in the same row, and both got crushed today.

Also looking around, the 2000 Escalade wheel looks pretty nice too, and the useless buttons are more out of the way.

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? 2003-cadillac-escalade-4-door-2wd-steering-wheel_100291580_m
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 9:08 pm

The buttons are attached from the back of the airbag. You can remove them. If you get the clockspring, you may be able to make them functional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Escalade wheel is the same as any GMT800 truck, too - so for Chevy guys - you can get a bowtie airbag.

No such luck for Buick drivers, but still.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:40 am

Fred, you see many of these wheels down in your neck of the woods? I would expect a lot of Caddies in the yards where you are. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 8:19 am

I have not been looking extensively for wheels. I do not know the steering wheel market very well, but could look for them on a more regular basis, if I knew I could move them. Most of the interiors in FL are rough. The sun has a way of aging them quickly. If the wheel itself is good, usually the airbag, or horn button/bar is in bad condition. Pretty wheels tend to disappear quickly as well.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 pm

I was at the yard last week, and saw two nice Caddy wheels on a 00 and an 03. Wood top and bottom and they had all the buttons. Both were light beige. The cars will be there for about another week or two.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Is there any to tell for sure (year, model, etc.) which wheels will fit while the bag still will work? Up in Pittsburgh and Cleveland the steering wheels don't get burnt up like they do in Florida. I bought a spare black factory leather wheel for my Cutlass that is perfect, and at a pull a part I think it was $25.00
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:47 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Escalade wheel is the same as any GMT800 truck, too - so for Chevy guys - you can get a bowtie airbag.

No such luck for Buick drivers, but still.

Also the same wheel used in GMT360 platform, Buick Rainier. BOOM Also, not to be forgotten the Olds Bravada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?   Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other GM steering wheels that will work in a 94 Roady?
Page 1 of 1