GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Looking for the OEM remote entry receiver and key fob for installation 91 RMW.

Rear view with compass, & the OEM alarm too.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:09 pm

You need more than just the receiver and the key fob. There is no wiring for it. You need the wiring to splice in, too.

Also, there was no factory alarm. If you are looking for keyless and alarm, you may as well add on an aftermarket alarm since you have to wire it anyways (and it will include keyless).
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
You need more than just the receiver and the key fob. There is no wiring for it. You need the wiring to splice in, too.

Already been in there and the harness is waiting for the receiver. Everything was there for the rear window defrost too except the switch on the Heater Control and the strong arms to connect the power to.

The alarm isn't a biggy. If it was available I was going to add it.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Quote :
Already been in there and the harness is waiting for the receiver.

Yours would be the first car I have heard about in 15 years being pre-wired for AU0 without that option. Very interesting...
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:56 pm

There are more plugs in this car dangling unused or taped to the harness it's part of!

I do not doubt your knowledge, it's just that I went looking for where it would be installed.

One was orange and brown and I can't remember the other connector. Above the rear wheel well on the driver side.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:02 am

If you find one at a salvage yard. Test it first if at all possible. I've gone through 4 receivers from cars trying to find a working one. The 91-3 receivers are known to fail pretty regularly. I'm actually considering aftermarket keyless entry/remote start as an option.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
If you find one at a salvage yard. Test it first if at all possible. I've gone through 4 receivers from cars trying to find a working one. The 91-3 receivers are known to fail pretty regularly. I'm actually considering aftermarket keyless entry/remote start as an option.

Good luck!

With that in mind, this car COULD have had the option but was removed because of failure and replacement cost, correct?

That would make sense, as the previous poster said he'd never seen it wired without the option installed.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 am

Check your SPID sticker for option AU0. This is the factory code for keyless. Your SPID sticker is located inside the tail gate opening by the latches. You can also run your VIN through the Compine tool to get all the options.
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:44 am

SPID reports no AU0. AU3, which is power door locks I believe, is as close as it comes.

No matter. Still want to pursue this with OEM. I have a couple of aftermarket units that I could install but Oriental applications for my American car (unless by GM) aren't going to happen.

Thanks for the input guys. This is a great venue with a wealth of information.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 pm

You can go GM for both keyless and alarm. They are discontinued, but pop up on ebay. I use them in both my SS and my Caprice wagon. Look for "VSS" or "VKE" keyless alarms. Be aware that some are meant to add on to cars that have AU0. You need the one that provides the keyless function.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW   Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking For Electronic Toys for 91 RMW
Page 1 of 1