GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone running jeep rims?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

anyone running jeep rims? Empty
PostSubject: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 2:08 pm

although I am all set for wheels for my RMW I was wondering if anyone has tried factory alloy wheels from a jeep JK (07 up wrangler) or a newer grand Cherokee. both have a 5 on 5 and most of them are 17" rims. I see them pretty cheap on CL as people always put custom rims on a jeep. sometimes they can be had with nice tires that might not be too tall for a wagon.
just wondering about the offset and if anyone has thought of this?
pics if you have them.

I myself like the cheapness and ride of 15" tires.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 3:39 pm

i have not seen them on b body but have seen some jeep wheels on astro they also have the 5 on 5
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 3:55 pm

The only thing I would worry about is backspacing on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 5:10 pm

You'd need a spacer to overcome the high offset, but otherwise, bolt right on.

Cheapness of 17 inch tires is also a thing. And better ride thanks to having some actual stiffness in the sidewall instead of blubber.

Food for thought.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Stingroo wrote:
You'd need a spacer to overcome the high offset, but otherwise, bolt right on.

Cheapness of 17 inch tires is also a thing. And better ride thanks to having some actual stiffness in the sidewall instead of blubber.

Food for thought.

Better corning handling for sure but not what I call better "ride" IMO the claim to fame for this type of wagon is it living room couch seating, V8 power and the float on a cloud ride.

although I have it different than some, if I want a sporty wagon to carve corners I get in my Toyota matrix XRS with 18" wheels and 40 series tires. Tach it up to the 8,100 RPM redline and row thru the 6 gears.

just depends what you want to do with your wagon that's why I threw it out there.

if I was still rollin on the stock aluminum rims I might consider jeep alloys. I know some of them are 18" and now maybe 19"

I also picked up a set of Chevy truck rally wheels in case I ever want to run winter tires.

I also have some plain steel rims from my 75 LeSabre and some dog dish hubcaps if I want to go that route.

JMO YMMV cheers
Back to top Go down
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 pm

I used to have a set of 5 on 5 rally wheels with the beauty rings....wonder what ever happened to them.

Im sure they are long gone by now. It was the best $40 i ever spent.

If you find a cheap set and place them on the wagon, please post a photo. I would be interested to see how they look.

So I just checked my area and Wrangler wheels with tires are going for $100 - $300. Most have never hit the road!
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:43 pm

i just checked stl CL and holy crap jeep rims are cheap. shame they are so fugly (but they look brand new and the tires on most look good)
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:24 am

yeah. I have seen brand new take off 18" aluminum rims with a 29" dia. tires for $450. affraid

just not sure on the JK or grand Cherokee backspacing.

I was thinking about just taking a jack and lug wrench to try them out, but I went with the old school road wheels.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone running jeep rims?   anyone running jeep rims? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone running jeep rims?
Page 1 of 1