GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadmanonduty

Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Empty
PostSubject: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 am

I have a 95 Caprice Wagon that I had tuned by Brian Herter before I had headers on the car. Now, I just bought a set of SLP headers and I'm curious how much the tune will be off because of the headers? Whats to be gained in the tune? (I'm guessing quite a bit). The car runs amazing now, so I'm thinking about getting it re-tuned.

So far, my current mods are Cold Air intake, export pipes, and cat back. I know its mild, but I'm just wondering if its worth the effort to send the PCM back to get ref lashed for the headers?

Thanks in advance for the info!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 12:08 pm

It's not necessary unless you are deleting EGR while doing the headers.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Would a reflash gain any HP?
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:02 pm

If you already had the car tuned for the cold Air intake, export pipes, and especially the cat back, I don't think the gains (if any) would be worth mailing the PCM back and forward. The tuners used to offer "tweaks" to a pcm tune they did for like 50$. I would ask pcmforless what parameters if any they would change for shorty headers vs manifolds.

You're probably better off saving the retune for when you do 1.6 rockers and springs.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 2:54 pm

They said $65 to reflash it!

"Yes we will have to make some changes for the headers, send it in for the retune and i will do it the day it comes."
Thank's Keith
Back to top Go down
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

PostSubject: Re: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:11 am

Wow $65 is not bad......
or maybe my guy is laughing all the way to the bank with $200 in hand!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?   Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding Headers, should I get Tune redone?
Page 1 of 1