GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tune up time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rabalc

rabalc

tune up time Empty
PostSubject: tune up time   tune up time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 pm

so I have put about 2000 miles on 96 rmw 2.93 rear 75000 miles young, and have been getting about 12 mpgs on 20 mile hwy drive to work. decided it is time to try a tune up.  looked over vacuum lines and don't see or hear any leaks, also hear no exhaust leaks. I orderd the following ac-delco oem parts...fuel filter, platinum plugs, wires, cap and rotor kit, coil, pvc valve and grommet(was loose fitting)  My first lt1 so I am unsure if it has the power it should have or not, but it will roast the tire right off. Seems to run good, do hear a slight flutter in ds exhaust at idle. Any thoughts as to what else to look at would be appreciated.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, Also picked up a real nice set of SS wheels and 245/55/17s to complete the tune up

Thanks, I will post some pictures when I figure out how
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

tune up time Empty
PostSubject: Re: tune up time   tune up time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:20 pm

scan it and see what the O2 mV are doing. 12 mpg is pretty bad. Make sure you don't have a binding caliper or something else that might be affecting mileage.
Back to top Go down
sj95rmw

tune up time Empty
PostSubject: Re: tune up time   tune up time Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Replace the O2 sensor & make sure your tires are at 40psi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tune up time Empty
PostSubject: Re: tune up time   tune up time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tune up time
Page 1 of 1