GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what fuel pump?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GMjonn

GMjonn

what fuel pump? Empty
PostSubject: what fuel pump?   what fuel pump? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 10:43 pm

So I want to replace the fuel pump on my 94 RMW its got a 150 something on the clock and my fuel pump on my 170K Grand Am just died and I dont want to be flat bedded again any time soon.
Can I go with just a new pump, seal and hose kit, strainer, and filter? Or should I go with the whole sender unit too? My car has been in the South its whole life, sold in SC and now lives in Ga.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

what fuel pump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what fuel pump?   what fuel pump? Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 6:10 am

Usually the reason for replacing the whole sender has more to do with the fuel gauge or or circuit continuity. You are likely to only need the pump related stuff. If you do replace the sender, the sedan and wagon versions are different. The actually metal tubing on the wagon version is longer to clear the edge of the tank so that hose hookup is easier.

Dave.
Back to top Go down

what fuel pump?
Page 1 of 1