GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Car transport company info needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Car transport company info needed Empty
PostSubject: Car transport company info needed   Car transport company info needed Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 9:32 pm

I need to get some quotes from at least 3 reliable, established companies . Anyone have info? Never used one before. No "good 'ol boys" from down south using a beat up old pickup truck and a rusty car dolly. Any responses much appreciated!

Steve
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Car transport company info needed   Car transport company info needed Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 1:19 am

Wide variety of service scheduling rigidness, weather protection, and pricing.....Really no such thing as regularly scheduled routes like airlines or buses.... You would be ordering a customized service that the operator has to coordinate and schedule with other customer pick-ups and drop-offs along his planned route of as many as 10 cars which may or may not run...... Best bet for getting a competitive price is to post your shipment for bids on u-ship several weeks in advance. A shipment with a looser time frame will get more favorable bids in higher volume. U-Ships carriers are pre-screened and have feedback histories and U-Ship has payment escrow plans available..... Carriers may be guys with a pickup and car trailer, but so what? You can specify any communications/ progress reporting scenario in your posting and penalties for deviation from your specs......I checked it out a year ago when I was considering a new car trailer made in the midwest, but, ultimately shipping expense made it uncompetitive with a more locally manufactured one....Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
sswagon

sswagon

PostSubject: Re: Car transport company info needed   Car transport company info needed Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:12 am

Steve, I just used U-Ship. They send your info to a list of carriers and then the bids start hitting your email. I'm getting ready to ship my 1978 Malibu wagon to AZ. I got quotes from $800 to $1,100 open carrier. I picked one for $945 and am waiting for there reply now. I will be calling them tomorrow as I may not here from them today being Memorial Day. I have done this once before, last year. You can PM me if you want my phone number. It's easier to talk than text.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Car transport company info needed   Car transport company info needed Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:41 am

Couldn't sleep very well last night, worked on installing my 2nd rear in the wagon until my wife called me at the shop and asked "do you know what time it is?", it was about 8:15. Anyway.... used the info you provided and the Caprice is 2,942 (truck route miles) to an address he gave me in Washington state near him. DAMN! Average price before any bidding is about $1100 to my place just north of Philly, UGG! I just contacted him with this info and asked if he'd consider a price of $6500 ( he's asking $7000). It's been for sale since March. Knocking off $500 would help a lot with that shipping cost. Guess I'll see.

I don't text by the way, and I buy phone minutes, so, my e mail address is.......slsautorest@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Car transport company info needed   Car transport company info needed Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 5:43 pm

If you can get something shipped coast to coast for 1100, you better make that booking immediately. That is a great price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car transport company info needed   Car transport company info needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car transport company info needed
Page 1 of 1