GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking For a Left Rear Quarter

Go down 
+2
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cadet57
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Empty
PostSubject: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:00 pm

*Edit*

Now only looking for a left rear quarter. From the trim belt down to where it curves under and from the wheel well to the bumper. Color not important. Let me know what you have.

Thanks

Last edited by Cadet57 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Where exactly are you. There are a couple of good wagons in my neck of the woods. I do not have the tools to cut a quarter though.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:55 pm

I live in W.Mass, the springfield area.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Show us a pic. Your description is a little vague. How much are you willing to pay for one. They are a pain to cut off.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:03 pm

This is the area that I am looking for:

Specifically I'm looking for it to weld in under the chrome trim on the bottom of the wood. I've never priced one so I have no idea what is fair asking price. But id like to get in under $100-150?

Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Roadmasterquarter
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Yep, I cut out the same piece for my wagon (opposite side)

It is a pain to cut out! But it can be done with a good sawzall and a few fresh metal blades. I would think you can easily get one for that price! I wish I would have known you needed it before last weekend. A nice clean TBI RMW is sitting in ATL (Pull A Part "East")

https://2img.net/h/i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/chrisandcarapowell/Project%20WWW/IMG_9200.jpg

Go with Fred if he can get you one!

Last edited by brokecello on Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:07 pm

They are parking an RMW in one of the yards tomorrow, and I will be going to look at it Thursday. If it has a good PS quarter, I will get it for you at $150 shipped. If it is unusable, I may be able to get one from a 91 OCC in another yard. How far up the fender, how far back, and do you need any of the wheelhouse from inside? If I can cut to the top of the trim, about 1/2 inch from the back, and to the middle of the axle would that suffice?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Justin, now that I think of it, the shell of that white wagon, that I used to have, is at a small local junk yard near me, or atleast it was. I will try to check tomorrow and see what shape it's in. If it is decent I will cut it out for you--no charge! Just pay for the shipping. That piece is a $20 piece at any junkyard.

Tom
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:51 pm

It may not be a bad idea to get some of the lower wheelhouse, too, from what little I saw on Sunday...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:56 pm

I was at the JY today, and the car is a real beater...the quarter is heavily dented, so not usable.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:02 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
It may not be a bad idea to get some of the lower wheelhouse, too, from what little I saw on Sunday...

I'm hopefully going down to Hartford on Sat to check out a '95 Caprice that has supposedly good quarters. Where on the wheelhouse should I pull from?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Take more than you think you need. If you have to take 1/2 of the wheelhouse, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:07 am

Still looking for quarters. I need from the trim belt down and from the wheel well to the bumper on both sides. I'll be at WF if anyone has them and can deliver. If anyone has any please let me know. Color not important. Just wanna get new quarters on there.

Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Roadmasterquarter

Thanks

Justin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For a Left Rear Quarter   Looking For a Left Rear Quarter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking For a Left Rear Quarter
Page 1 of 1