GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Quarter Panels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Rear Quarter Panels Empty
PostSubject: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I have a DS rear quarter panel from an RMW. $150 plus shipping (approx. $65), and can get a pair of front fenders with brace w/o wheelhouse $100 each + shipping (one very small dent in ps, we're talking paintless dent removal).

I have reserved paypal for emergency payments because of the 200 transaction rule for 1099s. I am accepting money orders, and if you want to wait for the check to clear, I will accept personal checks. FEDEX and Greyhound require that you to add your phone number.

My address is:
Fred Kiehl
14130 Rosemary Ln.
Apt. 6112
Largo, FL 33774.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Damn, FL parts are expensive.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Yeah, but they are nice.

The yards are charging more for parts. I cannot eat the difference, so if you want nice parts...

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

That is actually good pricing. If I had to pull a set of quarter panels from a yard and haul them to be shipped I would charge more than Fred is.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:22 pm

They are getting more rare too. This is the first set of nice ones I have seen in the last 8-10 months. The reason mine are so cheap is, that I have power tools I can use at the junk yard. Get your orders in quick, I think these are going to go fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:02 pm

What do you cut them off with Fred,a sawzall?My kid brother has one of those fancy metal
saws that spins the 2 blades in opposite directions but dont know how well it will cut wagon
sheetmetal.
I want one of those plasma cutters,one of the portable kinds for when I see some tool in a
Porsche/Lambo parked in a handicapp spot.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 am

I have an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. I take a small 800 watt generator from HF with me to power it. I also have an electric metal shear. The cutoff wheel makes short work of any metal part. It will use up a couple of wheels in the process.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 am

Cadet57 wrote:

Come on... Rust free parts !!! I don't think thats bad at all . try finding them up here.
Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm

If I needed quarters I'd be on those things like white on rice, great deal .
Try buying anything rust free from a car around here and it means no charge for the rust, and they'd want more money.
Does that car have two good far rear cargo net floor hooks by any chance Fred?
GM can eat them for $21.19 each.
Cut the chunk of the side rail off they attach to and you wouldn't have to drill out the rivet to get them off? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:39 pm

I did not see any side rail hooks. Where should I look if they are not obvioius?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Fred there are 2 opposing hooks about 18 inches apart on each side of the cargo/third seat
access door.These hooks are hidden pretty good by the carpeting and the rearmost hooks
are found with your fingers.Takes longer to describe than to actually find.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:18 pm

I need a pic. I have no idea what I am looking for.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 7:28 pm

My actual pulls are as follows: Driver's side rear quarter panel up to the door (passenger's side has to many defects), both front wheelhouses, dash pad ended up having a hairline crack, tan vista trim and shades, trim from all except the front fenders (RR door, and RR quarter are spoken for), tailgate window soleniod, and hood ornament.

I can still get the steering column if someone wants it, the front fenders, tailgate, gate glass (pickup only), and some other misc. pieces.

This may be the last time I pull a rear quarter. It takes too long, and is a royal PITA, and it deos not pay enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Quarter Panels   Rear Quarter Panels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Quarter Panels
Page 1 of 1