GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Noob from rockaway beach, NY

Go down 
+8
phantom 309
stewzer55
44whooo
44whoo
bamalongroof
Andebe
jasonlachapelle
Mattb
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattb

Noob from rockaway beach, NY Empty
PostSubject: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 9:47 pm

I don't have one yet but I'm looking for a 94-96 roadmaster or caprice wagon. I have an 89 jeep grand Wagoneer and after having a new baby it's just too rough of a ride for me and the family. Plus the LT-1 is way faster than a tired 360.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 1:55 am

welcome.

Check the for sale section. There are some nice wagons for sale on there.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 10:29 am

Welcome,Happy hunting.
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks! Most of them I see in the 2k-3k range look pretty nice. I'd spend more but NYC just beats up cars. Besides the usual used car issues are there any specific things to look out for on these?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum buy a southern wagon if you can.... Search Tempest is your friend. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:36 pm

bamalongroof wrote:
Welcome to the forum buy a southern wagon if you can.... Search Tempest is your friend. Jeff
Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
44whoo

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:53 pm

welcome to the forum! im in Maspeth ny not far from rockaway.i have had my wagon for four years and before I purchased mine I left notes on every clean one in the area.about 3 weeks ago I got a call about a wagon in middle village from an elderly lady which if remember correctly its a low mile 96 non limited tow pack car,its close enough to you to see in person or make an offer on mine and ill pick it up..lol. I still have her info if you are still looking.
dave
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:52 pm

44whoo wrote:
welcome to the forum! im in Maspeth ny not far from rockaway.i have had my wagon for four years and before I purchased mine I left notes on every clean one in the area.about 3 weeks ago I got a call about a wagon in middle village from an elderly lady which if remember correctly its a low mile 96 non limited tow pack car,its close enough to you to see in person or make an offer on mine and ill pick it up..lol. I still have her info if you are still looking.
dave

I'd love to take a look at it. I'm trying to sell my jeep first so I have the cash ready. I'll send you a pm when I'm ready and see if either one is still available.
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Dang! I almost sold the jeep today for 5k. That would've been plenty for a wagon. Hopefully it'll sell soon. I just painted it so it's looking nice. Stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:45 pm

All right, I sold my truck! I looked at a blue caprice wagon but it had too many little problems to deal with. I drove it though, and man, it's like driving while sitting in your bed. These have to be the most comfortable cars ever made. If anyone has any leads on a roadmaster wagon in the 3k range let me know. I don't mind high miles or minor body issues.
Back to top Go down
44whooo

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Matt I got your pm but can't reply pm me your # and I have the info for the other wagon or mine
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 7:58 pm

44whooo wrote:
Matt I got your pm but can't reply pm me your # and I have the info for the other wagon or mine
pm'ed
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Well folks, this is what I'm going to buy...
Noob from rockaway beach, NY Image10

I ran the VIN and it's a two owner vehicle. It was serviced at the dealership until 2011. Then the current owner got it. He's 70. The first owner was 90 when he sold it. The current owner reported an accident. His son ran into the back of a pick up truck and it bent the hood a little and cracked the grill. You can see that the hood isn't closed all the way in the photo. No big deal. It stays closed though just fine. Carfax also rated it at $700 more than average retail based on it's stellar history.

It was kept in a garage it's whole life. 90,000 on the clock. It has 2.93 gears and Posi rear but no tow bar. Almost no rust. Just light surface rust in a couple places underneath.

It needs a few minor repairs. The most expensive repair will be replacing the MAF sensor for $90.00. The emissions test showed that it needs to be replaced but it still passed.

Now, are you ready for the price.........

I have looked at quite a few more expensive than this one and this is by far the nicest of all. The guy is selling it because he doesn't want his son to chop it up and make it into a hot rod. That's what he told me. The kid drove it around with the parking brake on and destroyed the rear drums so the guy had them replaced. So it also has all brand new rear brakes. They flushed the system and replaced the rubber hoses. It comes with two brand new tires not on the car and two 80% tread tires also not on the car. The two rear tires are shot. I have a feeling the kid was doing burn outs, which is funny because someone suggested in another thread that I do one to test the posi.

All in all I think this is a pretty sweet deal.

The first thing I'm going to do is flush the heater core since the heat is warm at best.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Awesome. Happy modding!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Congrats on the beautiful wagon!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Last edited by phantom 309 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 12:30 pm

You can pick up a MAF at a scrap yard for little of nothing. They usually don't go bad.

Mickwagon is in Bayshore he might be very helpful to you. FYI he is a jeep guy as well.
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Sweet. Thanks. My father in law is in Bayshore. We're out there all the time.

I was just reading about Maf sensors and I think I'll try just cleaning it with MAF spray before I buy a new or used one. Sounds like there isn't much that can go wrong with them.
Back to top Go down
rhino

rhino

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Welcome. Looks good. That'll be a great family car. Just think how much easier it will be to find amongst the sea of minivans and suvs in the parking lot when picking up diapers.
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:29 pm

rhino wrote:
Welcome.  Looks good.  That'll be a great family car.  Just think how much easier it will be to find amongst the sea of minivans and suvs in the parking lot when picking up diapers.

It's funny, I think because you mentioned diapers I got a huggies add at the top of my page.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:18 pm

Matt looks like a nice wagon for a good price. Have fun with it. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:03 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Translates loosely to,"Yada,yada,yada..."
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 5:57 am

Nice score on a solid wagon. If you go to the boneyard keep an eye out for a matching hood from a caprice sedan too, it'll bolt right on.
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Ok. I finally picked it up. Man what a sweet ride. And fast!! There's a few little problems which I will certainly ask you guys about but that'll be another thread. Gonna do a tune up and see what happens. I think for now I'm going to keep it totally stock. I've always messed with upgrades and mods in the past with other cars with mixed results.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 11:07 am

Mod results are all in the research...IMO. Stock sucks,also IMO. Have fun,its yours.
Back to top Go down
PRpanda

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 pm

very clean have fun wit it!!:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob from rockaway beach, NY   Noob from rockaway beach, NY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noob from rockaway beach, NY
Page 1 of 1