GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transmission Cooler Line

Go down 
+2
buickwagon
JIMMYDPCC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JIMMYDPCC

Transmission Cooler Line Empty
PostSubject: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Hey Guys wanted to reach out and see if anyone had a transmission cooler line for a 1995 RMW, mine is metal and has gotten rubbed through by my streeing damper somehow.  IT is the Line that comes in at the bottom of the radiator.  I was thinking I could just make a new one out of bent tubing if worse comes to worse.  Found the part on Rock Auto, but they want $100 plus shipping, so help me out guys!!!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Watch out, Rock Auto only has the line for the non-HD transmission cooler. If you have the tow-pack, you have the HD cooling package.
Back to top Go down
JIMMYDPCC

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 8:30 am

Thats good to know, I am not positive I have tow package, how do I verify?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 9:14 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but the both the non tow pack and tow pack cars have the same tranny lines. The oil lines are different.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 10:13 am

If you have the trans cooler...your lines are not quite the same as those without the cooler.  If your hardlines are ok where they enter the rad...you could always cut the bad part out and use hose with clamps to get you by.

Do you have two electric fans or one clutch/one electric fan? Thats always a good way to determine if you have the tow pack wagon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
JIMMYDPCC

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 10:17 am

I have one electric fan, one cluth fan. the part that is leaking is in the metal line, because it got rubbed through by my steering damper. I am thinking I can just have a shop make a section of tubing to replace it and be good to go?
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am

JIMMYDPCC wrote:
I have one electric fan, one cluth fan.  

Then you have the HD cooling option, which most commonly came with the towing package. Your lower line is different than cars that do not have the HD cooling option.

To confirm, you can check your RPO codes sticker

V08 is HD cooling
KD1 is the auxilliary transmission oil cooler (in addition to the one in the rad -- this is in front of the condenser)

Other components of the V92 towing package in the LT1 wagons are:
F40 suspension (I think all later wagons had this)
GW9 2.93 ratio axle
G67 auto level control
G80 limited slip
JA2 HD rear brakes (again, I think all later wagons had this)
KC4 engine oil cooler
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Ok, my car was a non tow pack and had the cooler.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 4:28 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Ok, my car was a non tow pack and had the cooler.

Did you have the 2.93 rear gears? If you had the RMW base 2.56 non towpack and it came stock with a trans cooler (mounted behind the grille) and dual electric fans...you have a rare bird.

I've added stock coolers on non towpack wagons though...
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 9:33 pm

2.56:1 rear and yes it had a cooler and dual electric fans.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:22 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
2.56:1 rear and yes it had a cooler and dual electric fans.

Sweet
Back to top Go down
JIMMYDPCC

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 4:37 pm

I am still driving around with a leak and keep refilling with fluid. Do i run the risk of damageing my transmission?? does anyone have a good solution for me yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Someone suggested patching with a hose for now.

Good solution? Hit the scrapyard. You absolutely run the risk of damaging the transmission running it low on fluid....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 pm

JIMMYDPCC wrote:
 does anyone have a good solution for me yet?

carry lots of extra trans fluid,..??

delete the transmissions lines?

Put in a standard trans<>??

Fix the leak?

Cut the line where the hole is and put a union in,.?Transmission Cooler Line 41dPjG-B2ZL._SX342_

all solutions,. some good,. some better,.

your choice,...I'll bet you already know what will happen to your trans if you run it low,..
Back to top Go down
JIMMYDPCC

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:45 am

Sorry for my desperation folks, just hate when I can't fix things on my own. I took it to a shop that had a another shop they knew that make pressure lines cutom bend a new line for me. Was more than I really needed but was a great job and Transmission is fine, no damage. Thanks for all that responded and "encouraged" me, ha.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:59 am

So now you are leak and worry free? Lol...
Back to top Go down
JIMMYDPCC

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:50 am

Yes I am and got new brakes switched over from parts wagon and some other parts, really feeling good about her. Cant wait to get to a wagonfest and some of you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Cooler Line   Transmission Cooler Line Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission Cooler Line
Page 1 of 1