GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headlight bezel screw

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattb

headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Empty
PostSubject: Headlight bezel screw   headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 1:57 pm

I need the thing that holds the headlight switch securely to the dash. Here's the part number: 10246807 - 20A4 Bezel–HDL. let me know if you got one.

Thanks,
Matt
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Headlight bezel screw   headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 12:19 am

They are still available from the dealer for about $12.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Headlight bezel screw   headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks for posting the part number, I was having a hard time looking it up!

This is the second time it's snapped off on me. I'm really considering machining one out of brass. Either I've installed it incorrectly, the switch isn't mounted correctly (is there another retainer? that switch is huge and puts a great deal of torque on that plastic thread) or something else is going on Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Headlight bezel screw   headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Some of the switches have a sharp edge on the last threads, and it causes the nut to break where the stress is.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Headlight bezel screw   headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 am

I understand this is the same thread gm used on their old radio posts. potentially a nut, off a stud, a nipple, 1/4  by 28? and a crap washer shold make a permanent fix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight bezel screw   headlight switch retainer - Headlight bezel screw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headlight bezel screw
Page 1 of 1