GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Guy Newport

Guy Newport

OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Empty
PostSubject: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 12:20 pm

I made a mistake and bought an aftermarket radio to install in my '93 Caprice and just don't like it: bitsy little buttons, a never used blue tooth and other features make me want an OEM unit compatible with the car. I don't need a Bose quality output, just the standard AM-FM with CD (rather than the cassette player).

Also, I need those fiddly bits that keep the center armrest of the front seat in the upright position on a cloth (blue) interior. Mine wasn't there when I bought 'er so I'm not even exactly sure what it looks like or if it integral to the armrest.

One more thing: if there's a blue cargo cover for a '93 Wagon out there somewhere, I'd like to buy that as well.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Ebay is a great source for the factory cd player.
Back to top Go down
Guy Newport

Guy Newport

PostSubject: Looking for OEM Radio/CD player   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 2:38 pm

I've staggered through that search, even contacting vendors by phone and e-mail and none of 'em want to offer anything that doesn't match the make/model & year of what you're driving. So far, none of 'em have anything and they're not interested in dealing with a '93 vehicle. If any of this list's members might have information on other GM years/makes they've used to install an OEM radio/CD player in their Longroofs, I'd really appreciate it. I've seen the lists of "compatible years" offered at other sites but translating those into parts numbers that correspond to what local vendors want to see in order to dig out your part has been a failure so far.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:12 pm

I know you are a ways away from Portland, but, if you can make a PickNPull run, you will find that the 1 1/2 DIN AM/FM/CD was used in other models of same years. Look for 91-94 models.

If you have your owners manual, you can see pictures of the Radio you are after and take a photocopy with you.

There are 4 yards total in Portland and Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
Guy Newport

Guy Newport

PostSubject: GM OEM Radio/CD player   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Lance. The Portland yards were the next source to be mined....I have to put it off for a bit 'cause I just found a bad tire and the replacement set costs are going to take priority on the radio project.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:49 pm

I have one for a 96, but I do not know if it is compatible.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:22 am

I put one like this in my 1992 OCC it was plug and play...Tray took a little tweaking. Looks like its always been there.http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-AC-DELCO-Factory-Original-GM-GMC-OLDSMOBILE-STEREO-RADIO-CD-PLAYER-w-FAN-/351518894938?hash=item51d828ab5a&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:03 am

I'm going to have to go back to the yard, I got one of those CD players from my Silverado parts truck but mounts were different, wouldn't fit my 9C1
Back to top Go down
Guy Newport

Guy Newport

PostSubject: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Thanks Andebe, 'looks like what I was hoping to find! As to the tires, I'm going with Hankook H725s in 235/70r15 size. Right now I'm running '93 aluminum pick-up rims with solid center caps; I know it's the time to change to something fancier but I'll consider that later.

Thanks again for the information on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 5:25 pm

MalibuSSwagon wrote:
I'm going to have to go back to the yard, I got one of those CD players from my Silverado parts truck but mounts were different, wouldn't fit my 9C1
Eric,I dont know if you caught it or not. I did have to tweak the tray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....   OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OEM Radio/CD Player for '93 Caprice wagon and....
Page 1 of 1