GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver

Go down 
+5
brokecello
Andebe
buickestate
nstg8r
paart
9 posters
AuthorMessage
paart

HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Empty
PostSubject: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi! Everyone! I been an occasional “lurker” for some time, but now have decided to register and join the fun!

I drive a ’95 Roadmaster Wagon, and have for nearly 11 years. In the 10 years previously, I put 200,000+ miles on an ’86 Buick Electra Wagon with a “home brewed” 403 Olds. Its predecessor was an ’84 Chevy Estate Wagon, originally with a 305, and later with a “warmed up” 350.  I have, I’m guessing, about 500,000 miles of experience with this chassis, and am not willing to “upgrade” until the manufacturers “come to their senses”, and produce something better! (Fat chance of that happening!)  Rolling Eyes

I’m posting under the same name as previously used on the “Buick” forum; “Paart”, which is Pennsylvania Art, for the curious, A funny thing happened 18 months or so ago on that forum, when one day it became nearly unusable to me. After a couple tries I gave up on it, and only occasionally visited it to see if there were any worthwhile posts. It seems to me that the amount of “quality” posts has greatly diminished, not because of my leaving the forum, but because many of the other “seasoned” members, seemed to lose interest, or perhaps they are like me and keep JAVA turned off, and filter incoming content in various ways.

A recently posted letter, addressing the issues, to the owner of the Buick forum put things in perspective, and caused me to think about it and to join this forum.

I’m looking forward to becoming active and chatting with some “old friends” who have contributed worthwhile advice and ideas!
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Welcome, glad you decided to stop being a creeper, I mean lurker. You'll have to hook us up with some pictures.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Welcome and hope you'll soon feel at home here
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 10:21 am

Welcome,sounds like you will fit right in here.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you here Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Welcome to the dark side. ;-)
Back to top Go down
paart

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve never made a point of photographing my cars, but I found this one from a couple years ago. It may not look quite this “spiffy” today, but I do work on it regularly to keep it looking good.

The dark side is what I see when I’m under it, changing the oil! Eh?  Very Happy

I'm not sure how to post or link my image....... we'll see, I guess.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 11:54 pm

paart wrote:
I'm not sure how to post or link my image....... we'll see, I guess.

There's two icons above the advanced edit window, to the left of the "insert a link" and "youtube" icons. One is "host an image" the other is "insert image". "Host" lets you upload an image and "Insert" lets you display an image you have uploaded elsewhere.

Hey, there's a new one marked "flash". I wonder if it will let me insert videos that I host on my own.

http://picturehosting.verhey.org/trains/CN_Alco_FA-2/8025times2_conv.swf

Nope. Guess not. Crying or Very sad

Ahah! It has to be in .swf format, not .flv.

EDIT: deleted the bbcode for flash as there were no controls and the video kept looping continuously. Irritating.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Paart, I, too was part of that "other" forum until we started this one back in 2008.

Welcome.

Krzdimond
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 11:04 am

Welcome aboard.  there is an image how to under the pics and video section.
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics

pretty easy just use img tags and host the photos somewhere like photobucket.
Back to top Go down
paart

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 9:54 pm

HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver <a href=HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Buick915" />

This works (following buickwagon's advice).

Ta-Da! Thanks!

Krzdimond: Yes I remember you from a few years ago!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 am

Nice!!! Love the wheels.
Back to top Go down
paart

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks! I always liked the “turbines” even if they are high maintenance wheels. It’s difficult to clean the brake dust and dirt near the center the painted spokes. I had these on my ’86 Estate Wagon, and saved them for the Roadmaster. The special chrome lug nuts are ½-20, while the ’95 is metric, so I ended up changing-out 20 studs.  (Grunt-groan)! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver   HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HI! from a longtime Roady Wagon driver
Page 1 of 1