GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user

Go down 
+2
81X11
jbracciante
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jbracciante

Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Empty
PostSubject: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 9:46 pm

I've been obsessed with station wagons since I was a kid. My mom drove an 80s Oldsmobile Ciera Wagon when I was growing up, and I hated when she sold it and bought a Camry. My first car was a Subaru Outback wagon. I moved on from that to a Toyota All-Trac Wagon, then sold that for a Buick Century Wagon. I always wanted a green wagon, and finally found a green 86 Caprice Wagon with a green interior. The transmission on my Buick Century wagon recently blew, but I'm planning on buying another Century this summer and using my current Century as a parts car. I also like VW Vanagons, and have a 90 Mutlivan Westfalia.

Here's pics of the current "family":

Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user 03301910Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user 03301911
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

Nice toys! 86 is my favorite year for those wagons. I love the recessed sealed-beam headlights in the newer front end. Looks sharp!

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
jbracciante

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks for the compliments. 85/86 were also the only years green (to my knowledge) was offered during the 80s, and I love it with the silver "metal' style dash. No one makes green interiors anymore!
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 7:22 pm

nice rides!

They all look pretty clean.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 5:13 am

Welcome to the pod. That's a sharp looking wagon. You're in easy drive range of the upcoming Wagonfest NY in July. A mere 4 hr 46 min away. See: https://www.google.com/search?q=drive+philadelphia+pa+to+geneva+ny&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-e

There information and a sign-up list under the Wagonfest section of the Forum.
Back to top Go down
LuckyVM

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 4:42 am

Newbie here too! Nice to meet everyone! I'm just thinking about purchasing my first ride but I've already found a lot of useful stuff here
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 9:28 pm

Welcome aboard.   After half a dozen 91+ wagons I started lusting after a boxy one, but all the good ones had been snapped up or the price was already too high vs. a bubble, so I stayed the course...

Fun fact: the floor pans are the same in the boxes and bubbles.

I also owned a 84 VW Vanagon that was the biggest pile of crap as the motor was shot and I lost about 2 grand on it....

Fellow Philadelphian here as well, born in Temple U Hospital and parents are from Port Richmond.
Back to top Go down
jbracciante

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am considering making the drive up there for wagon fest.

Cool to see another Philadelphian on here.

I just had the green woody repainted last week, and I'm in the works of buying https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/philadelphia-96-buick-century-wagon/6898492802.htmlCentury wagon. I'll post pics of the pair when if everything works out. Also is anyone here going to RADwood in Millville, NJ next week? I'm thinking about going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user   Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longtime wagon fan, 1st time forum user
Page 1 of 1