GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange issue this morning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Strange issue this morning Empty
PostSubject: Strange issue this morning   Strange issue this morning Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 12:14 pm

I set out with my 94 Roadmaster sedan this morning, got half way down my street and the car felt like it lost first gear, engine would idle up though it was doing so roughly and the check engine light came on as did the change oil light, stopped at the stop sign(like people should) and it limped away like the trans was slipping but once up to the speed where it shifts into secound it ran better though not like normal, was just going a short distance. Once at my destination I checked the trans fluid level, the fluid was almost clear, not bright red but a washed out pink, it smelled normal, it was still cold so it wasn't at the full when hot mark yet. turned off the engine and it's oil was fine. ten mins later when done my errand I got in and fired it up , it was running fine, no warning lights and drove home like nothing was wrong...... hmmmmmmm

Yes it was cold out this morning below 10c, and I did not let her warm up before setting off, any thoughts or ideas as to what the issue was/is?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Strange issue this morning   Strange issue this morning Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 2:49 pm

The only experience I've had even remotely similar, was with my daughters 94 Chevy Caprice.  It had a aftermarket alarm system.  That wreaked havoc with anything electrical on that car.  Caused the tranny to go into limp mode.  My brother bought it new he had the alarm system installed. After removing the alarm system, never had a problem.

Tom

Last edited by silverfox103 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Strange issue this morning   Strange issue this morning Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Make sure the rad trans cooler isn't leaking.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Strange issue this morning   Strange issue this morning Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:55 pm

It did it again yesterday morning, anticipating it to do it again I let it warm up and while it was warming up the check engine light came on as did the change oil light , and the idle was rough, and there was lots of white smoke coming out of the tail pipe. turned it off then fired it up and she ran fine.

Makes me wonder if their is a faulty temp sensor or something causing this.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Strange issue this morning   Strange issue this morning Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Check or replace the temp sensor. Also take a look at your PCM...unplug the 4 connectors and check for white crud. I think you have a couple things going on at once. Sounds like it's going into limp home mode. Dirty connections on the PCM could cause that. Issue with the trans fluid sounds like you may have coolant mixing with your anti freeze. At the very least I would do a trans service on it and inspect your coolant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange issue this morning   Strange issue this morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange issue this morning
Page 1 of 1