GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange interconnection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Strange interconnection Empty
PostSubject: Strange interconnection   Strange interconnection Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 7:56 pm

My 92 OCC's AC was not making cold air after being rebuilt. I found that I did not put enough refrigerant in it, so I took it to an AC shop. That worked well and now it works properly. The strange interconnection is that the idle was about 1K with the AC turned on or off before repairing the AC, and once I got the correct amount of refrigerant in the car, the idle returned to normal. Does anyone know if there is any relationship between the AC and idle? It now idles the same at about 650 with the AC on or off. I have never seen anything else like this.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Strange interconnection   Strange interconnection Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:21 pm

That does seem a bit odd. Maybe they fixed a loose or disconnected vacuum line?
I know the computer will kick up the idle slightly when the ac is turned on to account for the extra drag on the engine.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Strange interconnection   Strange interconnection Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:26 pm

No vacuum like issues before or after that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Strange interconnection   Strange interconnection Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 11:47 pm

What are the inputs to the Holley MPFI system? Does it have any awareness of A/C operation?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Strange interconnection   Strange interconnection Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 8:41 am

It is the stock TBI system on my white 92, not my 91 with the 454.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange interconnection   Strange interconnection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange interconnection
Page 1 of 1