GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I too am an RMS owner!

Go down 
+2
phantom 309
95BRMW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
95BRMW

95BRMW

I too am an RMS owner! Empty
PostSubject: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 9:41 pm

I actually bought this a few weeks ago but never posted about it.  Not long after Justin took delivery on the 1A2, I bought another car I really did not need nor had the room for.
Behold, my new base model bare top 94 Roadmaster sedan with 132k on it.  Won it on ebay for a whole $510 (didn't think I'd win).  The seller was nice enough to let me use his plates to get it home and being that is was in Long Island, I took it home on the ferry between there and CT.

The car is overall in very good shape.  Paint shines for the most part, interior is damn near spotless.  Its a base model with only leather interior and a posi rear (2.56 ratio).  The radio is basic, manual head lights, bare top (part of why I bid on it), and manual passenger seat.
A few things made this car cheap.  One being the transmission is dying a slow death.  It barely had 2nd gear but could be coaxed into 3rd.  I replaced the 2nd servo pin with a longer one which fixed that issue (for now) but revealed a 3rd and 4th slip.  So the trans will need a rebuild, it's a matter of when now.
The second issue is the rotted quarters.  I have to assume there's a leak as they look rusted from the inside out.  The underbody is very clean, too clean for this to be salt related.
The last issue was the exhaust.  Whoever this guy bought it from though it would be cool to cut the pipes past the cats and stick cherry bombs on it.  They didn't even pipe them out the rear, they dumped under the floor pan.  To say it sounded horrible was an understatement.  The drive home was absolutely terrible and I had a pounding headache from the 8 mile ride home from the ferry terminal.  I got home and yanked these off and installed my SS's original exhaust only to find they also hollowed the cats with a broom stick!  So now those need to be replaced to pass emissions.

So the car is registered and I'm driving it as it is.  I don't know what the future holds for it, but it's here now.

I have officially owned them all, every make and model of the B/D body line. Now I just need a 93 something to say I've had every year too Razz

Most of these pics are the seller's, it got filthy as soon as it got home and I haven't had time to wash it.

Notice the 2 different hub caps (I like the ones in the first pic better)
I too am an RMS owner! Right_zps3vmo7elp
I too am an RMS owner! Left_zpse2kozcco

I too am an RMS owner! Angle2_zps2wjxdwpe
I too am an RMS owner! S-l1600_zpsma77oens
I too am an RMS owner! Trunk_zps5sati3p2
I too am an RMS owner! Front_zps8pxaziud
I too am an RMS owner! Back_zpsaarf1muj
I too am an RMS owner! Engine_zpstsq7dboc
I too am an RMS owner! Spid_zpsydresfjy

Trash pipes out
I too am an RMS owner! Rms%20cherry%20bombs_zpseteqpgdt

The boat on a boat ride
I too am an RMS owner! Boat_zpspg7nl8sb
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 9:49 pm

For a guy trying to get rid of iron,. i think you missed the concept of 'selling'
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 10:22 pm

He has a sickness.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:51 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
For a guy trying to get rid of iron,.  i think you missed the concept of 'selling'

Iron is worth less than a $.01/lb not worth moving. I figured I owed myself a reward for selling crap.

silverfox103 wrote:
He has a sickness.

Yes, the only cure is more cars
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Nice score overall. Maybe an RMS would make a decent MPG commuter after all for cheap.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:39 am

Nice score for $510 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 9:13 pm

I have a 93 RMW with 146 on the clock that I would part with for an even $1000. Florida car that needs a driver's front door, a passenger's rear door, and passenger rear quarter trim. Nice blue cloth interior. Runs and drives nice. Some interior lights do not light. White with woodgrain. If I find the doors, the price will be about $1300. Driver's front door could be fixed. Rear passenger's not so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I too am an RMS owner!   I too am an RMS owner! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I too am an RMS owner!
Page 1 of 1