GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seat belt retractor source

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tyeeslayer

tyeeslayer

Seat belt retractor source Empty
PostSubject: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:06 pm

My 1992 RMW passenger side seat belt retractor went on the fritz. Is there a place to buy new ones? I don't really want to go used as I would like the repair to last.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 11:29 pm

There are no new ones. You will have to suffer with a used one. The passenger's side is not abused as much as the driver's side, so it should be good for a number of years. I can get you one for about $30 plus shipping to Canada.
Back to top Go down
tyeeslayer

tyeeslayer

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 11:46 pm

I have a U.S. Address in Washington state zip 98295. Let me know. Thanks, Joe
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 8:02 am

You could buy a universal one from seat belt planet. Got a pair of their belts in my C10.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
There are no new ones. You will have to suffer with a used one. The passenger's side is not abused as much as the driver's side, so it should be good for a number of years. I can get you one for about $30 plus shipping to Canada.
I didn't realize they could be swapped from side to side. I'm assuming the same would be true for the 93-96 big body Fleetwood too?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 6:47 pm

I have not swapped an FW belt, but it should be the same scenario. You have two retractors per side in a 93. I believe the 94-96s only have one retractor. The 93s are different from the 94-96s.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:21 am

I can't say for sure about the 91-93, but I have a set of front belts out of a 95 Caprice, and the tensioners are mirror images of each other. I'm not sure of the implications of swapping them, but they're very clearly marked L and R. However it does look like you can remove the belt from the retractor, so it may be possible to swap a clean passenger (R) belt onto a driver side (L) tensioner.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 8:07 am

The retractors are side specific. The B body retractors are the same for all years 91-96.

I checked, and the 94-96 FWs have two per side, the lowers are different, and located in a different position than the 93s.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Ok, Fred was talking about front/back swapping and I was talking about left/right swapping. Smile

I haven't tried L/R yet. When I pull the old belts out I can give it a try and see if it's possible.

If not I'll be talking to the folks at seat belt planet.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Front back swapping is not possible on a wagon, with either the belt or retractor. Do not swap the retractors left/right they will not work when needed. The front and rear belts can be swapped from side to side on the retractors. It is possible to do without removing the retractor, but is easier out of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat belt retractor source   Seat belt retractor source Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat belt retractor source
Page 1 of 1