GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinda New...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi, name's Matt.  I'm not new to wagons, but it has been a few years since I sold my '75 Caprice Estate (Clamshell).  I'm kinda new here to this forum though.  What brings me here is the "itch" to own another wagon.  Specifically, I'm interested in the "box" and the long roof era designs, Chevrolet specifically.  I learned how to drive in my dad's '83 CE, but have to admit I the style of the '91-'96 era is growing on me too!

I look forward to "meeting" folks here and learning more about this era of GM wagons.  Cheers!

Matt
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 2:14 pm

welcome. Hopefully you find what you're looking for!

Check out the FS section. I have a 95 Caprice with 70k miles FS on the West Coast.
Back to top Go down

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:03 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
welcome.  Hopefully you find what you're looking for!

Check out the FS section.  I have a 95 Caprice with 70k miles FS on the West Coast.

Thanks Jason. Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by FS section? Would love to see a pic of your Caprice. Are you by chance in CA?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:49 pm

you joined in 2011,. you commented on a car for sale nearly two years ago,..

Not really 'new',.... just 'quiet'

if you look at jason's post,. it has capital letters twice FS,.. and he talks about FS on the west coast,. with a little detail regarding the mileage,.

FS stands for "For Sale"
Back to top Go down

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 7:00 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
you joined in 2011,. you commented on a car for sale nearly two years ago,..

Not really 'new',.... just 'quiet'

if you look at jason's post,.  it has capital letters twice  FS,..  and he talks about FS on the west coast,. with a little detail regarding the mileage,.

FS stands for "For Sale"

Haha, yup I suppose you're right.

Duh...I should of realized FS=For Sale.  Guess I've had too much egg nog.  Thanks phantom!
Back to top Go down

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:56 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:

Check out the FS section.  I have a 95 Caprice with 70k miles FS on the West Coast.

Nice wagon! Not too often I see one in black.  I want to say I remember this wagon.  Was this purchased out of Rochester? Where, if I may ask, on the West Coast is it now?

I've a bit of research ahead of me regarding buying/owning a car from this era here in CA due to smog requirements.  First time I've had to worry about this, as my other non-new cars were smog exempt.  Nonetheless, it seems you're asking a very fair price.  If not me, good luck with the sale!
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Welcome ...
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes I bought it from a member in Rochester. It now resides on Vancouver Island in BC. Since the car is from the USA, it has US federal emissions stickers on it.

Glide-Aways wrote:
jasonlachapelle wrote:

Nice wagon! Not too often I see one in black.  I want to say I remember this wagon.  Was this purchased out of Rochester? Where, if I may ask, on the West Coast is it now?

I've a bit of research ahead of me regarding buying/owning a car from this era here in CA due to smog requirements.  First time I've had to worry about this, as my other non-new cars were smog exempt.  Nonetheless, it seems you're asking a very fair price.  If not me, good luck with the sale!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinda New... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda New...   Kinda New... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinda New...
Page 1 of 1