GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy

Go down 
+2
1993 Roady-man
KustomKapriceKaddywagon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KustomKapriceKaddywagon

Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Empty
PostSubject: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:50 am

Hi guys, thought I'd introduce myself. Like the stuff yall got on here. I got into Chevy wagons with my '59 Kingswood then a Parkswood and so on. The early BelAirs, Impalas, Biscaynes are my favorite but the late model stuff like what ya got here is more practical drivers. All the same, I like doing custom interior and body mods.

Besides the 1950's stuff right now I've been working on my 94 Caprice Classic Wagon... doing a kustom Cadillac CTS-V front end conversion, got the projectors/LED's all done. I've been doing custom cars professionally for years so this kind of stuff comes natural. Did the sheetmetal cut/fab and mocked stuff up and all works good. The car is solid, has a few over 200k miles but new trans and regular maintenance it's running strong. Actually, I've got so many other car projects and house stuff that I need to sell this one. Didn't know if anyone around is looking for something like it? If you are interested, I'll put an ad in the for-sale part of the forum. It's a one of a kind and the only other one I saw customized to this level was a Japanese conversion to a Lexus that turned out pretty cool, saw it on the impalassforum. Well guys I've seen and learned alot of good stuff from your website, although I just now decided to become a member, and you guys have helped me do some diagnostics so I appreciate what you're doing, keep it up!
[img]Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy 1_2510[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Whoa.

This thing is badass. Would love to see more photos as it's finished.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:49 pm

I Love it. I have other major Custom ideals that I want to do to one of these wagons someday. Hint,... Open wheel
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Like to see more photos as it progresses along. What is done so far is amazing.

I would have to admit to the suspicion that it will be hard to sell off if the transformation on it is only partially completed.

Best regards
Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Looks awesome,hope someone makes a kit like this for those of us with little talent for metalwork!
Back to top Go down
KustomKapriceKaddywagon

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks guys, glad you can see the potential like I do! About a Kit... I actually thought about making a kit to sell, but with my kids and all of life happening, doesn't look like I'll have time to finish the prototype. BUT even if a guy didn't know the sheetmetal fab stuff, one could do it in fiberglass. Three of the guys I work with, they've done one-off custom bodies, plugs for molds etc over the years, they said I could easily copy the driver side that's already done and with that mold, make a passenger side to match. So I bought the fiberglass material and stuff but it's still on my garage shelf waiting to be used. Some of you guys could probably relate to my situation of having too much on the plate, definitely it all looks good but can't eat it all. I was hoping someone on the forum would come along who could see the same potential I see in this project and take it to the finish for a radical ride Cool . I've finished the major mods, now just needs the right fender/bumper formed to match the left and cut the wire mesh grill I have to finish the front end.

Hey "1993 Roady-man" what kind of open-wheel concepts have you got? I guess the only other one like this I've seen was that guy's white Lexus one? Even if you've only got a sketch, I'm interested to see you're cool ideas.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Wow, impressive....
Pete
Back to top Go down
Dos Vagones

Dos Vagones

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:36 pm

Looks cool but from what I see in the pic - kinda hollow in there though - might be concerned about vibrations at hi-speeds...But I would guess you will have some kind a superstructure under there before its done, right?
Back to top Go down
KustomKapriceKaddywagon

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Yes sir, using a 5/16 x 2" chin splitter to join the left and right, also holding the mesh grill, has the profile of the hood edge to keep all the contours consistent. And behind the scenes, the usual 3/8" rod to support fender to radiator support. She's got 5" ground clearance which supports the full travel of suspension... Wanted to bag it for a better look and ride later down the road too.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:17 pm

Wow, looks pretty cool! Is that an old S type jag hiding behind the series I e-type?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy   Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, Im a Kustom wagon kinda guy
Page 1 of 1