GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member from Iowa

Go down 
+3
DBeaSSt
Krzdimond
GG91Wagon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

New member from Iowa Empty
PostSubject: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Hey everyone,

New member from Iowa here...my name is Collin McCormick. I was introduced by a current member ("The Roadmaster") who was traveling through Iowa and stopped to buy some parts from me. I am working on a 1991 Caprice Station Wagon that my Grandfather bought new and my 95 year old Grandmother still drives. It has been very well taken care of and garaged all it's life. I've done two mods and those will be the only two until she quits driving it...Impala SS wheels and a Flowmaster 40. Here's a quick picture of it...

New member from Iowa 100_1059Large

Over the past few years I have owned several LT1 powered vehicles as well including a Caprice Sedan, Cadillac Fleetwood, and Roadmaster Wagon. I really enjoy these full frame B-Bodies (especially the wagons) and look forward to sharing information and insight with the members of this forum. Thanks for having me.

-Collin
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:54 am

WELCOME!

Nice wagon there. I just get tickled when I think of a 95 year old woman driving by wailing on that 40's.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:05 am

Welcome! Neat history on the wagon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:14 am

Krzdimond wrote:
WELCOME!

Nice wagon there. I just get tickled when I think of a 95 year old woman driving by wailing on that 40's.

LOL I had the same thought. Go Grandma! Welcome.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Great Story   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:24 am

Welcome to the group Collin and thanks for the story.How is your Grandmothers driving abilities at that age and do you have any pics of her driving the caprice?
Take Care
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Welcome to the club!
Back to top Go down
Skipper

Skipper

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:47 pm

From one new member to another, Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey, thanks for all the nice welcomes guys, this forum seems to be a lot more active than the other B-Body forums I've been on, glad to see that. I would like to say so you guys don't think I'm a complete redneck, the Flowmaster 40 is fairly mild mannered with the long, single exhaust system the wagon has; I definitely wouldn't have some cammed out motor in there for her to deal with. It definitely does have a bit of a rumble, but she doesn't notice it or seem to mind it. My friends all think it's hilarious too, especially with the 17"s it does stick out more than a regular Caprice.

At Flasheroo, her driving abilities are I would say pretty darn good for a 95 year old. You guys probably can't see from the picture, but the Caprice has suffered four accidents all in the passenger side rear quarter panel from various hits. Two of the accidents were very slow speed hits to an ill-placed fire hydrant right outside her driveway. She is an amazing lady and still mows her huge front lawn twice a week with a non self-propelled lawnmower, shes incredibly active and I think thats what keeps her driving skills up. Thanks again for the welcomes guys, I will try to get some more pictures of it up soon.

I wanted to mention too, I am on the Facebook group as well, so if any of you have that please add me so I can place some names with screenames.

-Collin
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:15 am

Glad youa re here Collin! Cool that your Gma cruises with a 40 and some rims. LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Iowa   New member from Iowa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from Iowa
Page 1 of 1