GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

April fools day came a day late.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

April fools day came a day late. Empty
PostSubject: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 9:41 am

Back in the day I had a Buick GS convertible that was my toy car. my goal was to always have it out of storage and on the road by April 1st. I put the battery in the wagon and started driving it this week. I still have what I think is a blend door issue with the defrost, but I live with it.

Today I get this crap.

April fools day came a day late. April%20fools

And while getting online its now a freekin blizzard out there.

April fools day came a day late. April%20fools%202

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 10:14 am

Fred it still looks good in Arctic white. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 am

Calling for 5 inches here tomorrow. My wife always gets let down when they promise her 10 inches and only deliver 6 inches! lol
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:
Calling for 5 inches here tomorrow.  My wife always gets let down when they promise her 10 inches and only deliver 6 inches!  lol  

Laughing

the old joke about why women are bad with distance, they are always told that "this is eight inches"

FWIW it stopped snowing.
thing is it was 60 yesterday.
My son has his first lacrosse game of the season next Saturday and we have not had much proper practice outside due to the cold. it is supposed to be 33 on Monday so we need to rent the indoor arena.

We have to travel a lot for lacrosse and the wagon is great for the road trips. I will have had the car 2 years on July 4th and despite only driving it 7 month a year I have put 28K miles on it so far.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:39 am

It snowed in my area too, nothing stuck but still, odd for this far south in Ohio. I've put just over 5K on my wagon last year, non-paid internship and part time jobs really has put a limit on how much I drive.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 12:38 pm

woke up to a fresh inch of snow on the ground and it has been over a week since I drove the wagon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Frustrated by VT weather as well.
Drove the wagon last winter and loved it, but the rust from the salt was noticeable.
This winter I put the Roadie up, then had very little snow.
Now spring, but just enough snow to deter me from getting the roadie out, yet not enough to ski on.
I think it has been the worst of both worlds.
Took the Buick for a drive today, and am hoping for the weather to just make a decision, one way or another.
As much as I actually like winter, I sometimes envy the guys down south for the environmental predictability.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 7:24 pm

802 wrote:
Frustrated by VT weather as well.
Drove the wagon last winter and loved it, but the rust from the salt was noticeable.
This winter I put the Roadie up, then had very little snow.
Now spring, but just enough snow to deter me from getting the roadie out, yet not enough to ski on.
I think it has been the worst of both worlds.
Took the Buick for a drive today, and am hoping for the weather to just make a decision, one way or another.
As much as I actually like winter, I sometimes envy the guys down south for the environmental predictability.

As much as I always used to like Michigan winters I to am starting to think of how nice it would be to winter down south.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April fools day came a day late.   April fools day came a day late. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April fools day came a day late.
Page 1 of 1