GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!

Go down 
+5
just me
Mark 96 Roady
phantom 309
DBeaSSt
Lynol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Empty
PostSubject: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:52 pm

Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! 20160401_155815

I just got home last night; Dave and I visited 18 junkyards in 12 days! We have seen something like 75 B-bodies from the '77 to '96 model years, and even a few older B-bodies, as well as some newer and older C/D bodies, and a few other noteworthy oddities, like a roofless Town Car, a Caprice boat, and a factory pink '97 Grand Prix. We've been to junkyards in Florida, Georgia, Virginia, and Maryland. We've seen some yards so vast you can't see the other end of them, and we've been to yards that were totally worthless. We pulled off all kinds of parts, sawed off a few quarter panels. We've been to some crazy, disorganized, and overwhelming yards. We trudged through mud, waded through water and even climbed through a sunroof. We loaded up Dave's OCC to capacity, and brought it all back. It's been fun and I look forward to doing it again. Check out my photo album below, and stay tuned for many, many videos which I am in the process of uploading now.

Here's some details on what we saw:

Of the '91 to '96 generation B-Bodies, we saw 44 cars, of which 5 were wagons.
Of the '77 to '90 generation B-bodies, we saw 21 cars, of which 2 were wagons.
Of the '77 to '92 generation C/D bodies, we saw 7 cars, of which 2 were hearses.
Of the '93 to '96 generation D-body, we saw 2 cars.

We went to the following yards:

Crazy Ray's in Edgewood, MD
Crazy Ray's in Baltimore, MD
Budget U-Pull-It in Orlando, FL
LKQ in Orlando, FL
LKQ in Tampa, FL
LKQ in Clearwater, FL
LKQ in Largo, FL
LKQ in West Palm Beach, FL (both locations)
U-Pull-&-Pay in West Palm Beach, FL
LKQ in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
LKQ in Daytona Beach, FL
LKQ in Savannah, GA
Cash n' Carry in Savannah, GA
Chesterfield's in Prince George, VA
Chesterfield's in Richmond, VA
Pop's Pick And Pay in Mechanicsville, VA (Richmond area)
Pick-A-Part in Fredericksburg, VA

Here's the slideshow of pictures, I also put a link below, in case you'd rather view them individually.

Album link:
2016 Southern states yarding pics

Last edited by Lynol on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:58 pm

And you didn't visit? Wink Looks like a fun and hopefully useful trip!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:32 pm

OK... here's the videos. I'll start off with the generation most familiar to most of us, the '91 to '96s.

First up, 1991

And this one you may have already seen, but if not, here's the one in MD:
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 pm

And now, 1992

Buick:

And the Chevys:

Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:16 pm

-1993-

Buicks:

And this one from Maryland, which again, you may have already seen.

Chevys:

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 10:58 pm

any chance you guys brought back a nice rust free rad support for me?
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 11:11 pm

Wow, I thought I was bad! Did you guys bring home stuff to re sell, or just to hoard for your own personal stash? And, did I see Dave with a cordless angle grinder? I have a cordless sawsall that has come in handy a few times in the yards, but I've never seen a cordless grinder. Did you make a list of the stuff that you picked?
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 11:42 pm

Hope you took that passenger side cargo light from the black 93 Caprice wagon, or at least tried to if it crumbled in your hand!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 pm

-1994-

Buick:

Cadillac:

Chevys:

And two more from MD last week:

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:43 am

Thanks for sharing. Some of those yards looked immaculate! Never seen one that clean.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Andebe wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Some of those yards looked immaculate! Never seen one that clean.

Yeah, and some looked like a tornado had dropped cars in a muddy field.

Here's the '95s

Cadillac:

Buicks:

Chevys:

Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:33 pm

-1996-

Buick:

Chevys:

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Poop, the links aren't loading on my phone. Have to wait till I get home later...
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 5:20 pm

So that was all the "bubbles" so now here's the "boxies":

Chevy Caprices and Impalas (I put all 12 cars in one video)

And the Buick LeSabres (all 4 cars in one video)

And now the two Pontiac boxes, a Catalina and a Parisienne

And the one lonely Oldsmobile 88 I saw
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:05 pm

And now the box C/D-bodies:

Buick:

Oldsmobile:

Cadillac:
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 pm

And now for some OLD B-bodies!

Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 7:10 pm

And one REALLY OLD C-body!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:47 am

And now, here's a video of the Pick-a-Part junkyard in Fredericksburg, VA. The sign out front said over 2,500 cars. And I believe it. This is the largest and most disorganized junkyard I've even been too. Every car is crammed in bumper to bumper and there's no rhyme or reason to where a car gets placed, everything is just mixed in with everything else. The only separation is "domestic" and "foreign", but even that seems to only be a suggestion. They know where every car is though; at the desk you tell them what make and model car you're looking for and they give you a print out that tells you what it is exactly and what row it's in. When you're looking for mechanical or electrical parts that cross lots of makes and models under one manufacturer, this is a real PITA. I could have spent an entire day here... this place was so overwhelming.

And then here at LKQ in Daytona Beach, we had a little trouble getting in this car, so I had to go in through the missing sunroof opening.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 1:52 pm

So after 18 junkyards, here's what we bought:
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Looks like you guys won't be getting rid of your storage units anytime soon.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Awesome posts guys. Glad your home safe and sound. Really appreciate the fact that you took the time to categorize the pictures and provided the names of the Junk Yards.

Looks like your guys had fun! Sincerely wish I could have been there...great stash of parts, glad you saved them from the crusher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!   Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave and Lynol's Southern Junkyard Tour Extravaganza!
Page 1 of 1