GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdy All!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Wagon

Howdy All! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy All!   Howdy All! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Greetings from the Great State of Texas! Posting here for the first time – have visited several times, even signed up a while back but never got around to the introduction thing.  

So here it is - my name is ChuckWagon and I have a pod.

The story starts way back in the mid 1980's at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. We were there for some track test time and just happened to be sharing the place with some folks from Chevrolet. Don’t remember exactly what they were up to, but what gets all this started was the funky looking spaceship they brought with them. It was big and long and low and rounded and painted a blueish silver with blacked out windows and Corvette wheels – and truly looked like nothing we’d ever seen. And did I mention long? Yep, it was pretty dang long. When we finally got a few minutes to chat with these factory boys, we asked about the spaceship and they told us it was a test mule for the new station wagon they were coming out with in a few years. They said they had this one just rattling around the shop. So they, being Top Secret Skunk Works types, raided the Corvette parts bin and “customized” their parts beater just for fun. That car made an impression on me... 

Fast forward to 2012. Stopped by a buddies’ shop and his son is spiffing up the Family Truckster, getting ready to send it on to a new home. Between the spaceship flashbacks and the impulse of having cash in hand, before I realized what was happening, it was mine. And then one led to another and another and…

Here’s the current roster, in order of acquisition:
1) 93 RMW (gold w/wood, tan cloth) the original Truckster, 222K and going strong, now the known as the CHUKWGN,
2) 93 CCW (gold w/wood, tan cloth) 119K and too nice for me – for sale soon,
3) 95 CCW - trans issues but this car is a trip – see http://www.dadara.nl/checkpoint/image-gallery-dallas-1.htm
4) 96 RMW (light blue w/wood, gray cloth) smooth worn out – former rural mail delivery now parts car,
5) 96 RMW (de-wooded and murdered, maroon leather) engine and tire mods but poor (previous owner) dip job – trying to get it all peeled and back to white. Currently called SICK WILLIE.

There it is, folks. Best wishes and happy swimming.
-ChuckWagon

PS - If anyone gets the (old style) "Save the Whales" availability thing figured out, I'm down for a half a dozen sets - as quick as they can get 'em here. -CW
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Howdy All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy All!   Howdy All! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:47 am

Welcome! PM LakeEffect when you get a chance. He can hook you up with stickers.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Howdy All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy All!   Howdy All! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 10:51 am

Warning link is filled with wtf like moments... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy All!   Howdy All! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy All!