GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tire and Towing advice needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carguyray

Tire and Towing advice needed Empty
PostSubject: Tire and Towing advice needed   Tire and Towing advice needed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 11:11 pm

I'll be towing for the first time with my 94 REW with tow package and I'll prob. need new tires before I leave. I'd like to get something for towing first, but also I'd prefer a white wall tire. Have any of you found anything that's great that fits the bill?

Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll be towing a car on a tow dolly plus a lot of 'luggage'. I'm expecting about 3800-4100 ish pounds.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Tire and Towing advice needed   Tire and Towing advice needed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 am

Look for a stiffer sidewall tire, so load capacity will affect the sidewall strength. Some are super soft and sloppy when towing.
Back to top Go down
Wishin

PostSubject: Re: Tire and Towing advice needed   Tire and Towing advice needed Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Higher load rating is better and higher speed rating is generally better also as both lead to stiffer tires which will give you more control under load. Tread with bigger blocks and smaller voids will flex less also, but be worse in snow and ice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire and Towing advice needed   Tire and Towing advice needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire and Towing advice needed
Page 1 of 1