GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best product to use on leather seats

Go down 
+7
frederickflintstone
phantom 309
Lynol
MalibuSSwagon
Krzdimond
Andebe
Roadagon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Roadagon

Best product to use on leather seats Empty
PostSubject: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 8:13 am

I have a 96 Buick RoadMaster and would like some recommendations
of what product /products to use on the leather part of the seats. They are
starting to get a bit dry and starting to crack a bit. thanks ed
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:06 am

Hit up Superior Finish. He is the in house professional.
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Andebe wrote:
Hit up Superior Finish. He is the in house professional.

Ok Thanks, ed
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:30 am

I've used Leatherique quite a bit, even softened up the rock hard leather in my Suburban.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 11:12 am

I use Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner. I tried a lot of less expensive off the shelf cleaner/conditioners, but I find Lexol works the best, and you can buy it pretty much anyplace.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 3:47 pm

leatherique really does work,.takes a bit of effort tho,. i restored the wifes lincoln seats a few years back,. they still look alright,.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 pm

I second the Lexol products. they have a good reputation in saddlery shops. and I had experience with them decades ago.
Back to top Go down
Rivnut

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Leatherique.

These are start to finish pictures of a BMW project.  

http://www.leatherique.com/bmw-redye-project.html

This product is fantastic.

Ed
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 10:52 pm

I know at most GM Dealers they'll sometimes have some AC delco interior conditioner. Might not be as good but I'll have to try Leatherique and Lexol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Haze5736

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 6:03 am

I know this is an old post but I just cleaned my leather with AMAZING results. All 4 seats were so black and stained and smelly. A big smelly German Shepherd spent a lot of time in my car. I was prepared to look for new seats. They look so good now I may spend the money to have the couple of small tears repaired. I found a YouTube video of a guy that said this method had been recommended by Cadillac and some other luxury car brands to their customers at some point. I can't back up that claim but my seats look great. The method is to mix 1 part Woolite to 5 parts distilled water in a spray bottle. Spray it on the leather and brush with a toothbrush. I looked for a toothbrush with the largest head to make it a little quicker. Make sure to focus on the stitching too. Then wipe with a dry rag. I went back after and wiped all the seats down with a clean damp rag to get any remaining dirty residue off. It was definitely worth a try considering how cheap it was. Also be careful with runs as the result could be uneven. I'll use one of the recommended conditioners now that everything is clean.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 am

One product I've had tremendous success with lately is Leather Rescue. It is not a cleaner - you'll need to clean the leather with another product, but my brother and I used it recently on some poor neglected Bonneville seats and after two treatments the seats went from cardboard to very supple. The stuff is not nearly as thick or as temperature sensitive as Leatherique, which really needs to be done on the hottest day of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best product to use on leather seats   Best product to use on leather seats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best product to use on leather seats
Page 1 of 1