GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leather seats/child seats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
U_ser_ID

Leather seats/child seats Empty
PostSubject: Leather seats/child seats   Leather seats/child seats Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 1:41 pm

Anyone figure out a way to protect the leather from being damaged with child seats? I purchased the matt deal that is made for protecting seats. All it does is make one big impression.

Thanks,
AJ
Back to top Go down
kaysboat

PostSubject: Re: Leather seats/child seats   Leather seats/child seats Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 6:36 pm

I've had good luck with just using a towel. Although there are still impressions left from the foam compressing, it seems to protect the leather. In three seperate cars, I've never had any actual damage to the leather and the impressions come out after a few days.

I don't think there really is any way to avoid indents, as you have o tighten the seat sufficiently.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
wolf-gaz21

PostSubject: Re: Leather seats/child seats   Leather seats/child seats Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Although I do not use RMS as a transport for my children, the car with child seats uses a 2-3cm thick polyprene pad
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Leather seats/child seats   Leather seats/child seats Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 5:33 pm

Had the same problem cut a piece of heavy cardboard and trimmed it to fit under and behind the seat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leather seats/child seats   Leather seats/child seats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leather seats/child seats
Page 1 of 1