GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Empty
PostSubject: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 6:52 pm

something I'm working on.....

my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Bmwsedan7

almost ready to start buffin the lense.

my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF 2

I'm working on getting these head light lense made smoothed and cleared, but that will be down the road a bit. I have to get my first set done by hand.

I can't use any of the original reflctor I'm making a backing plate that will be bonded to both BMW head lights and have the lense bonded to it.I don't know how much heat the BMW lights will produce so I'm not taking any chances the backing plates are being made out of 1/8th inch aluminium plate. I will tig weld the mounts for attatching the headlight adjusters after I make them out of aluminium. right now it apears that I can still use the factory locations on the headlight bucket, however I will have to cut out some of the bucket to accomodate the back of the BMW lights.

I'm thinking of buffing the surface of the plate that will be inside the lense to a hight mirror finish. However I may just used some satin black heat resistant BBQ paint. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

here is where I'm at now.
my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Bmwsedanlights5

I've also been working on the grill concept, Keep in mind that this grill is dirty and the parts were just put together for the picture.
my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Sedangrill1

[quote=UberWagon;1668767]Pat the lights are looking great, I think the projector units should be on the outside, unless you are running the low beams in the center. Aren't you the wagon guy with a grille like that?Very Happy.[/quote]

the position of the high and low beam, I'm just going by the the position the projectors are in the BMW buckets.
my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF BMW1

yes both of my wagons had similar grills, the one that was on the rat is now on the bedroom wall of one the farm's fans and fellow forum member in Germany.
my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Ratgrill2

and when I get the sedan front clip ready it will replace the 93 wagon's front clip then the current grill that is on my 93 will go on the rat.
my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Buick13

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:07 pm

I like it Pat. I really like it and I have had a hard time with accepting any after market headlights.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:50 pm

I was just wondering today how hard it would be to make an actual headlight assembly for these cars. I'm not big on this plastic stuff and prefer an actual light/lamp.

As for the aftermarket stuff, I really don't like them either myself. I absolutely hate the look of those angel eye things people love so much. No offense to htose that do Smile
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:03 pm

If I could get my hands on a glass lense that was available for these cars early on i would simply love it. Probably never happen tho
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Wow, I never knew they made them.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:43 pm

I think they went overseas and now we know it is something everyone wishes they had.

Pat will clarify
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Lorne is right GM did make glass head lights for the caprice, caprice wagon and roadmaster wagons. they were export market and not DOT approved. The wearhouses have long been cleaned out as Dal Salbaugh from Ohio cleaned them out and sold them to various B body enthusiasts world wide. One may luck out and find a pair on eBay, but also do watch european ebay sites to find them, ask on the various B body forums. they do look nice only other differance is that they have the parking lamp on the out board and not the inboard side like lexan lenses.

I'm also not a fan of the halo lights. and what I'm building in this thread are head lights for my 93 RMW when done I still would like them to have a factory look and finish. this is a winter project and I will be returning to it as it is now way too cold to keep working in the shop even with the wood fire going.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:43 am

This is a great writeup Pat. Can you at some point show pics of the backside of the plate you made, and info on wiring the lights?
I think they look good. And you are right, you need to eventualy polish the lenses smooth. But for now they look great. cheers

T84 export head lights. I remember trying to order them back in 96. They were $217.ea. I would not pay it. I should have paid it
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=CCCCCC&image=http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/340000-340999/340582_25_full.jpg

Go to bottom of page for pics
http://www.capriceshop.com/HEADLITE.HTM
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Wow.

I must have a pair of those.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:33 pm

94Woody wrote:
Wow.

I must have a pair of those.
Good luck.
Expect to pay $800-$1500 per pair.
Focuztech is making a replica of the t-84s, but I have yet to see pics of them. They had them listed with a price of $699 per pair, and no pic. But now the listing is gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:47 pm

http://www.focuztech.com/xcart/euro-clear-headlamps-for-impala-ss-and-caprice.html
I think I am going to get a set of these and see how they might adapt to the set of BMW projector headlights I have.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Ray I understand that they will sell you just the clear lense, you might want to ask them. Idea Idea Idea
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Wonder just how many 91-96 Bs were sold in Germany. Probably quite few in junkyards over there. They are just a headlight as far as tey are concerned.

Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Pat, the roadmaster sedan guys are gonna bug the hell outa you when you finish that, so take lotsa pix.

No love for halos, eh? flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:18 pm

94Woody wrote:
Wonder just how many 91-96 Bs were sold in Germany. Probably quite few in junkyards over there. They are just a headlight as far as they are concerned.

Hmmm.
True there are plenty of junkyards, there are not plenty of b-bodies or many other American cars in them. Trust me I looked! There aren't even that many b-bodies on the roads in Germany now.

buickestate wrote:
Ray I understand that they will sell you just the clear lense, you might want to ask them.
Your are correct, they will sell me just the lens, but for the same price as the set of lenses I could get 2 sets of the cheapie headlights, plus they have those cool looking buckets.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

94Woody wrote:
Wonder just how many 91-96 Bs were sold in Germany. Probably quite few in junkyards over there. They are just a headlight as far as tey are concerned.

Hmmm.

it can be done, but also try looking in France, Switzerland, austria, belgium, spain, holland, and the scandinavian coutries. I managed to get all of my euro RM factory bits for my Malibu by doing a simple parts exchange with a malibu guy in Switzerland. Seems that many Europeans don't want a euro american car, they prefer a true american car. so brush up on your foreign language skills and join a few european american car forums and see what you can dig up

I think an all metric euro 91-93 RMW cluster would be cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF   my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my head light mod for my sedan nose 93 wagon, pulled from ISSF
Page 1 of 1