GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HoosierDaddy

Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW   Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 pm

I had a bad tie rod wipe out a front tire and those tires are discontinued now. Since I'll be buying at least a pair of them I'm thinking about replacing the space saver spare with a full size using one of my good ones. So, I need a steel rim for a '96 in good condition...they have the wire wheel hubcaps if that matters. Searching the junkyards has proven fruitless as they like to weld steel wheels together into jack stands.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW   Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 7:52 pm

All of the B body steel wheels except the 9C1s are the same.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW   Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 1:40 am

Thanks Fred. I thought thru might be but wasn't sure. Still hard to find good steel wheels in the yard though. Do you know what's different on the cop wheels?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW   Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:17 am

They may be a different width, and may also be a little heavier steel but I am not sure. You could pose the question in the wheels and tires section. They have a number of holes around the center section. The hubcap is held on by the locking screw/key so all you need is the adapter that is held on by the wheel nuts on with either wheel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW   Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need 1 good steel rim for '96 RMW
Page 1 of 1