GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Courtesty lights and Power lock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skier

Courtesty lights and Power lock Empty
PostSubject: Courtesty lights and Power lock   Courtesty lights and Power lock Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 8:25 am

Recently the courtesy lights remained on after closing doors so I disconnected the lights. The underdash lights went out after a while. Then a week later all lights went out as well as the power locks. Yesterday early in the am a buzzer went off under the dash when it was 56F out then later as it warmed up this dissapeared. I replaced the 15 am fuse over the weekend it immediately blew. My after market remote power lock Key FOB works fine. The factory Servce Manual does not have a diagram of the convience center to show which of the relays is for the "dome light" or courtesy lights.

Any suggestions? When I have some time I was going to attempt to chase down the short but finding where the wires are could be an effort in futility.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Courtesty lights and Power lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courtesty lights and Power lock   Courtesty lights and Power lock Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Check the "door closed" switches first.

I think it is a shorted wire that blew the fuse in the first place. Look for a wire that is worn through before any of the lights, and possibly before any relay. The driver's door (closed) switch should also be one of the first things to check. You do not say what year vehicle you have. The 91-93 cars are a little different than the 94-96 cars.
Back to top Go down

Courtesty lights and Power lock
Page 1 of 1