GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)

Go down 
+2
Krzdimond
pdougc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pdougc

pdougc

Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Empty
PostSubject: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 8:07 am

A year ago my suburban got totaled by a guy on his cell phone, our primary family hauler is a 12 passenger 3500 Express. I am in need of a new daily that in a pinch can also haul the herd (5 kids ages 9-3). I have no desire to drive a minivan, I am not against another burb, but I have always liked the bigbody wagons and figure it is as good a time as any. So glad to see this forum exist, I have a lot of reading to do. While not 100% sold on a longroof for my daily, I am leaning in that direction.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 9:51 am

Fitst, Welcome!

Second, where are you? There are wagons that pop up on a regular basis, we can steer you in the right direction to one that is local.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Keep reading,I think this forum will convince you. A lot of us were convinced to own multiples. What a Face
Back to top Go down
pdougc

pdougc

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 4:20 pm

I added my location to my profile. I am in the northeast of PA, about 10 minutes north of Wilkes-Barre.

My dilemma is this. While I take good care of my cars, I am not interested in restoring, or maintaining a classic or show car. I am looking for a daily, with that being said, I'm not sure if I am in the right place. My approach is more, find a decent wagon, and take care of it till the wheels fall off.

Thoughts, opinions, hatemail?

Doug

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 10:09 pm

pdougc wrote:
I added my location to my profile.  I am in the northeast of PA, about 10 minutes north of Wilkes-Barre.  

My dilemma is this.  While I take good care of my cars, I am not interested in restoring, or maintaining a classic or show car.  I am looking for a daily, with that being said, I'm not sure if I am in the right place.  My approach is more, find a decent wagon, and take care of it till the wheels fall off.  

Thoughts, opinions, hatemail?

Doug

Lots of members have daily wagon drivers,.and they definitely aren't all show cars,. but a wagon being a classic is something you can't avoid,.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 5:44 am

Find one south of the rust zone, have it checked out by a local mechanic, get a one way cheapo flight and drive it home.  I'm in upstate NY and my last 6 cars came from AZ, PA, FL, GA, and SC ; all bought remotely and driven home.  If you do your homework, study the pictures carefully, get a Carfax, and have the car checked out, perhaps by a member here, your chances of making a fair deal are very good.

This is the mechanical version of big game hunting! It's fun.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Welcome,

I to am from PA, I live just south of Harrisburg. I good buddy of mine has a wagon is is trying to sell. 1994 (I think) VERY rust free DCM Caprice wagon. It not perfect, but it is a perfect car for what you want. He swapped the rear axle so it has rear disc brakes. Impala SS wheels with some super tires he recently put on it. If you are interested give me a PM with your phone number and will introduce you to him.

Some of the folks on this forum have seen the car at the last Virginia WagonFest. He brought his CTS-V to the Hershey WagonFest last year.

Tim
Back to top Go down
pdougc

pdougc

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 5:51 pm

BlackBeast, I cant PM due to not reaching the number of posts required! Ha Ha. I am trying to sell one of my cars to partially fund the next one. Not sure if this is enough, but my cash on hand budget is 2k.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 6:04 pm

I sent you a pm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)   Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longroofless in NEPA (Wilkes-Barre)
Page 1 of 1