GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandalboy692

Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Empty
PostSubject: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:01 pm

I just came back from Valenti's Scrap Yard in Edwardsville. In the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pennsylvania area. Found a 94? LT1 Chevy Caprice wagon that is mostly complete. Blue exterior, blue interior. Tow package (i think) as it has the external tranny cooler. Body is solid with dents here and there, front bumper cover is pretty good, all glass is intact, much of the trim is in fair to good conditon. Interior is mostly complete, the large plastic panels in the cargo area looked really good, airbags still there, drivers door panel is missing and a few things on the dash are missing. Engine compartment has most everything except the belt driven components, drivetrain appears to be complete.

I can email a couple pics if you like. I have nothing to do with the scrap yard, just passing on info. In my experience the pricing is average at Valenti's and you can pull parts yourself or pay them to do it.

Tyler.

Last edited by sandalboy692 on Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Hope you grabbed the rear cargo light lenses as they are almost impossible to find!Welcome to
the gang and thanks for the JY tips.
Back to top Go down
sandalboy692

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Cargo area light lenses were already gone, I was looking for a nicer pair of those.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:27 pm

was it light blue or dark blue any chance you know if dr side rear door was good (rust free)
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
sandalboy692

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Dark blue color, I don't recall seeing any obvious rust issues with it. Unfortunately the drivers door is the worst thing on it. It has a large dent towards the front and some deformation around the handle which appears that someone ripped out with a pry bar.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:11 am

i need dr side rear door. would like to get a dark blue so i would not need to paint the jam area.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
sandalboy692

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:05 am

Went back to take some more detailed pictures for mtrhead79. Unfortunately we now know it's not what he needs.

I now realize that I made an error in my first post. It's a grey interior not blue.

I took detailed pictures of the drivers side rear door, and if anyone wants those, just PM me with an email address to send them. That door has no rust on it, but does have 2 small dents. It has manual windows not electric. The rest of the car is pretty much rust free. Tailgate looked good.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:10 pm

What shape are the tail lights in?
Back to top Go down
sandalboy692

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm

I think that they were both good. One of my pics shows one of them and it looks good. I see that you are not local though. I hadn't really planned on pulling parts for others but it's not totally out of the question. PM me with an email and I'll send out the pics that I have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue   Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parts car in Wilke-Barre-PA found, LTI Caprice Wagon Blue/Blue
Page 1 of 1