GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adding temporary daytime running lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Adding temporary daytime running lights Empty
PostSubject: Adding temporary daytime running lights   Adding temporary daytime running lights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Car is a 95 Caprice, US version. NO twilight sentinel, NO DRL. I have to add DRLs to pass the provincial inspection, even though there is no legal requirement for me to do so (let's not get into this for the time being). I need the low beams OR amber parking lights to turn on with key on.

After seeing Nick's post and a link to the gold SS wagon page, I figured someone can point me in the right direction as to exactly how to install a VERY temporary (think paperclip and alligator clamp) "DRL" system.

http://www.goldsswagon.com/diagrams/impala_headlight_w_drl.pdf
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Adding temporary daytime running lights   Adding temporary daytime running lights Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 10:14 pm

i used a piece of wire from something in the fuse panel that switched on with the key,. then stuck a paper clip/probe into the back of the headlight switch,..key on lights on,. very hillbilly but passed inspection,
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Adding temporary daytime running lights   Adding temporary daytime running lights Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 7:19 am

that's what I'm aiming for. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Adding temporary daytime running lights   Adding temporary daytime running lights Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 am

Solution:
jumper fuse no. 13 to FWD LMP fuse no. 41 with a small wire.  Ambers light up with key on.  Remove after inspection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding temporary daytime running lights   Adding temporary daytime running lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding temporary daytime running lights
Page 1 of 1