GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adding illuminated entry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

Adding illuminated entry  Empty
PostSubject: Adding illuminated entry    Adding illuminated entry  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 6:35 pm

These caddy's are nice cars but lacking certain little conveniences,
I have added the roadmaster hvac controls, which are a big improvement,
What i would like to add is the option that turns on all the headlights tail lights and backup lights
When you unlock the doors, and keeps them on for 20 secs or so.
Has anyone ever done this? I'm wondering if i can pirate the module from a newer car,.? Unless its a complete nightmare,. The wagon could use this option too.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

Adding illuminated entry  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding illuminated entry    Adding illuminated entry  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 8:08 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
What i would like to add is the option that turns on all the headlights tail lights and backup lights
When you unlock the doors, and keeps them on for 20 secs or so.
Has anyone ever done this? I'm wondering if I can pirate the module from a newer car?
Unless its a complete nightmare, the wagon could use this option too.

This may be of some help (from the Legacy B-Body Information thread):

http://web.archive.org/web/20010606015504/http://w3.one.net/~rcheek/impala/technical/tech.cgi#security_keyless

Once the operation of Pin E on Connector C2 is verified, it should be straightforward to use it operate a relay that enables the exterior lighting after a lock/unlock sequence.

- J

Back to top Go down

Adding illuminated entry
Page 1 of 1