GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Impala Hood ornament - help plz!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
3DB

3DB

Impala Hood ornament - help plz! Empty
PostSubject: Impala Hood ornament - help plz!   Impala Hood ornament - help plz! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Hello! I new here and am obsessed with  idea for hood ornament Impala like. I need some advise  -
what is the angle  at the base of Chevy or Buick's emblem and the emblem? (pic attached) . Also - what size would be best?
I'm working on 3D model and it is about 5" long. Or maybe it is just a dumb idea... Any help would be greatly appreciated! cheers
3DB
Attachments
Impala Hood ornament - help plz! AttachmentImpala hood 2a copy.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(80 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Impala Hood ornament - help plz!   Impala Hood ornament - help plz! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 3:58 pm

The Impala does not have a place for a hood ornament. If you are going to put a hood ornament on an Imp, please use a caprice hood, and sell the impala hood to someone who needs a good one. The Caprice hood ornament has a chrome base that the ornament fits into. You could copy the base shape, and modify the visible part to suit, then mount your emblem in place of the Caprice unit with the same shape post. They are spring loaded to avoid damage from miscellaneous debris, or a casual bump. You need a sizable base to avoid bending the metal around the ornament hole, in case of contact with the ornament.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Impala Hood ornament - help plz!   Impala Hood ornament - help plz! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 10:36 am

Interesting idea,good luck.
Back to top Go down
3DB

3DB

PostSubject: Re: Impala Hood ornament - help plz!   Impala Hood ornament - help plz! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 5:55 am

Thank you! Great points sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impala Hood ornament - help plz!   Impala Hood ornament - help plz! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impala Hood ornament - help plz!
Page 1 of 1