GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.

Go down 
+2
Andebe
El Tee Juan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
El Tee Juan

El Tee Juan

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Empty
PostSubject: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Just bought a '94 RMW. (Click images for larger display).

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3024 It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3025 It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3026 It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3027 It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3028

I think the car presents quite well, although not quite as well as in the pics. At 23 years old, it has some issues. Not the least of which is no less than seven wood screws holding the front passenger's door rub strip in place. The heater core needs to be replaced and there is a fair bit of rust hiding in the undercarriage. Numerous plastic bits are broken. However, it starts and runs very well and I could not be happier with it

About 10 years ago I had a '93. I enjoyed it quite a bit and ended up letting it go cheap to another member of the Impala board. However, I would smile every time I saw another drive by. We were in the market for another vehicle and my wife found this one.

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3031

I have the stainless trim from the tailgate. It was hanging on by one clip and I was worried it would either get damaged when the door was opened or fall off entirely so I removed it. Suggestions on where to find replacement clips (or other suggested forms of attachment -- apart from more wood screws) are welcome.

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3032

Even the driver's seat is in good shape.

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3033

Just shy of 108K.

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. IMG_3034

I much prefer the additional power the later models offer, but miss the seemingly endless amount of plastic colored wood of the earlier ones. This does have an understated elegance, however. Love it!

All for $1,800.

After I got it home, I noticed the fan shroud was labeled fans (plural) and checked only to find an auxiliary electric fan and a transmission cooler. I believe that means this came with the towing package (although no hitch.) Win!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Welcome back to the madness...Happy modding. cheers
Back to top Go down
El Tee Juan

El Tee Juan

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks much! I'm currently reading about Fred's big block. WOW!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 11:55 am

Welcome Home!
Back to top Go down
El Tee Juan

El Tee Juan

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 12:24 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 2:28 pm

nice colour combo. Had one just like it.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Nice buy... looks familiar... lol
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:42 am

Nice Score, and my favorite colors for these too!

If it has a belt-driven fan with a big shroud, that's the heavy-duty cooling/tow pack.

As for the rear clips, I'll be happy to nab some next time I go yarding. I'm getting good at taking those panels off now!

Just remember, on the LT1 cars you NEVER NEVER NEVER slam the doors. The door panels are plastic crap. The rest of the car is GREAT!

Good luck with it!

-Mike.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 10:43 am

Nice Score, and my favorite colors for these too!

If it has a belt-driven fan with a big shroud, that's the heavy-duty cooling/tow pack.

As for the rear clips, I'll be happy to nab some next time I go yarding. I'm getting good at taking those panels off now!

Just remember, on the LT1 cars you NEVER NEVER NEVER slam the doors. The door panels are plastic crap. The rest of the car is GREAT!

Good luck with it!

-Mike.
Back to top Go down
El Tee Juan

El Tee Juan

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Jay & Jason, thanks much.

When I saw the initial pics in the ad I wasn't too impressed, but I really wanted another so I drove the hour to go see it. But in person, I think it's my favorite color combo.

Thanks Mike! The trim is held on with six clips. Both ends are missing and two of the internal ones are damaged. If you come across any, please PM me and perhaps we can work out a deal. I'll remember to not slam the doors. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.   It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's been nealy a decade, but I'm glad to have another RMW.
Page 1 of 1