GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Side parts needed (see photo please)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

Side parts needed (see photo please) Empty
PostSubject: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 am

So, my first RMW wash did't start well... there was some other cars, so i've left the car and start talking with a guy... and an idiot finish washing his Fiesta, exit the washing area in reverse and hit my car. Not an heavy hit but a long swipe... obviously in Italy noone knows how to find Buick parts, so i must do it myself. Luckily the idiot won't go away and give me his name and phone, promising me to pay all the expenses.
But i really don't know how to find these parts. I don't even be sure their name... so i've found a photo and marked the two parts I need.
Side parts needed (see photo please) Rmw_re10
The 2 chromed parts with the rubber on top.
Do you know where can I find them?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:51 pm

I will check my stock. I may have both pieces of trim. The parts are the same for all 91-96 Roadmaster wagons. The rubber strips may be gone, but I will look for them as well. If I have them, the total for the parts is $75. They will be extremely expensive to ship. The fender trim is long, and probably will cost about $350 USD just for shipping outside the US. The door trim will not increase the shipping on the fender part. You may need some of the clips that hold the parts to the body as well. They are color coded for their position along the side of the car.

The worst case scenario is that you could have them reshaped by a good metal smith. They are stainless steel, so can be reshaped and polished. The rubber strips may not be repairable, and they can be difficult to find, because many fly off while driving, and are lost.

I just shipped a pair of Caprice door panels via ebay to Italy about 3 weeks ago. I do not know what the cost from their central shipping hub to Italy are. If you can find a freight forwarder that ships to Italy, it may be substantially less expensive.

Finding the parts in Europe is not going to be easy. You can check in Germany, France, England, Belgium, and Poland. I know there are some B-body cars in those countries.

When you remove the trim, the fender piece has 4-5 screws in the top of the wheel opening, and I believe one in the door jam. You must push down on the trim while pulling the bottom out. The bottom has a lip that goes under the edge of the clips. The top of the clips have two "ears" that act as springs. The door piece should have a nut (11mm) on each end inside the door, and you probably have push down on it to affect the same removal as the fender trim.
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

PostSubject: Re: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 am

The rubber trim is not damaged, and my body shop says stainless steel plates can be reshaped but they will never return perfectly straight. I suspect they won't work too much, better to let me find the parts and simply replace them... if you know what i mean.
If the rubber can be removed and installed again on the trim, maybe i can reuse mines, as they are not damaged.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:27 am

The rubber is glued to the stainless. You can remove it and use it over.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 7:23 pm

I checked my stock, and the only trim I have is the driver's side, and the tailgate. I scanned the inventory of the local yards, and there are no Roadmasters in any of them with passenger side trim.

I will keep a lookout for the pieces you need.
Back to top Go down
Big Jack

PostSubject: Re: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 am

Hi, I have the pieces that you are looking for.
I just put a post up in the "Parts for Sale" section.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t13417-roadmaster-trim

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side parts needed (see photo please)   Side parts needed (see photo please) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Side parts needed (see photo please)
Page 1 of 1