GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

would the real rear washer pump please stand up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

would the real rear washer pump please stand up Empty
PostSubject: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 am

I had my front washer pump die, so I decided to replace both front and rear pumps at the same time.

I got one of each, supposedly. Both ACDelco branded and made of Chineseium, and despite the two having different part numbers and saying they're for different parts of the same car, the two pumps are identical (matching the front)

The original rear one has a different shaped power connector and the outlet faces a different direction.

Is this a case of a discontinued part being replaced, and you're expected to change the plug to make it work? (it would fit and function just fine, if you replaced the original wiring connector.

I ended up putting the original pump back in with a new rubber grommet. The rear one doesn't get much use anyway.

would the real rear washer pump please stand up Wp_20110

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 5:57 am

When I go to the local pick and pull, I just yank the pumps and grommets from whatever B-bodys are in the yard with the hood up. They make nice party favors at Wagonfest, and the yard only charges $1 per pump. I went through the same process as you with new AC-Delco (Chinese) parts, and ended up taking them back and just keeping a few spare pumps from wrecks on hand.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 10:20 am

I pull all of the wagon rear pumps I can afford to buy. The front pump will work if you change the connector. They put two different connectors on them, so that morons (including factory assemblers) would not hook them up to the wrong pump.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks, that does seem to imply the part is no longer available. If someone has access to the GM parts catalog, what was the part number of the original?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 5:29 pm

You might try calling your local GM dealer. They may be able to get the part number for you. Since it is not available, it seems futile to chase after the number.
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:52 pm

lamune wrote:
Thanks, that does seem to imply the part is no longer available. If someone has access to the GM parts catalog, what was the part number of the original?

22071428 Front & 22111435 Rear

22111435 cross referenced to the following GM Part numbers:

10386728, 15254824, 22048176, 22054177

Some of the above can be viewed on eBay and a couple look to have the proper connector.

- J

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 3:27 am

Thanks Jay, the intent was to set up an ebay alert but looks like there's already some there. I'll send the other one back.
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 7:05 pm

lamune wrote:
Thanks Jay, the intent was to set up an ebay alert but looks like there's already some there. I'll send the other one back.

Reviving this older thread because I have the exact same issue. Which P/N did you end up getting, and did it work? Photos of the orientation pin, if you took any, would be super-welcome. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2023 1:04 pm

Quote :
Reviving this older thread because I have the exact same issue. Which P/N did you end up getting, and did it work? Photos of the orientation pin, if you took any, would be super-welcome. Thank you!

It's been a long time, and I don't remember what I did, but what Jay posted seemed to have been correct. Would a picture of the pump be of any use?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would the real rear washer pump please stand up   would the real rear washer pump please stand up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

would the real rear washer pump please stand up
Page 1 of 1