GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windshield washer sprayers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Norm

Norm

Windshield washer sprayers  Empty
PostSubject: Windshield washer sprayers    Windshield washer sprayers  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 6:54 pm

I was working on a water leak I had, hose was leaking at the back of the intake, right near the distributor. Easy fix, cut the hose back and reinstalled. So now I started trying to figure out why my windshield washers aren’t working. Found the passenger side issue, broken spout coming out of the cowl. The driver side wasn’t attached so I put the hose back on and still nothing. I pulled on the hose going into the firewall and it came right out. My question is, how do I reattach the hose to the sprayers, under the cowl? Do I need to take the cowl off to access them?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Windshield washer sprayers    Windshield washer sprayers  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm

If I remember correctly, you have to loosen the cowls so you can reach underneath to work on the hoses.

Tom
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Windshield washer sprayers    Windshield washer sprayers  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm

the hoses connect into a tee fitting under the cowl plastic. there is also an elbow attached to the cowl for the passenger side, might also be one on the drivers side. you should only have to loosen/remove the drivers side panel to access the connections. There are several small bolts along the engine side and several plastic push pins along the windshield side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windshield washer sprayers    Windshield washer sprayers  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windshield washer sprayers
Page 1 of 1