GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power Steering Pump

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skier

Power Steering Pump Empty
PostSubject: Power Steering Pump   Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Folks,

I sent my variable assist steering pump to Cardone through Rock Auto to be rebuilt. It came back with the "fitting, Variable effort steering discharge" 75 degrees clockwise off. The opening is almost touching the AC Compressor. I sent Rock auto with the info and probably not get back a reply until Monday.

Is there a way to change the angle to the correct angle?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Pump   Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 6:53 pm

I should have replied here, see my reply in the other thread.

I did want to add, though, if you can wait I'd call Cardone and see what they say. I'm pretty sure you can just rotate the fitting though.
Back to top Go down
Skier

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Pump   Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Mike,

The fitting is tightened to 46 foot pounds of torque. It would need to be partially unscrewed to be able to rotate the fitting.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Pump   Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Skier wrote:
Mike,

The fitting is tightened to 46 foot pounds of torque.  It would need to be partially unscrewed to be able to rotate the fitting.

Thanks

this is getting intense,..
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Pump   Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 1:06 am

phantom 309 wrote:

this is getting intense,..

Yes! What will the outcome be?

I remembered I got a pump from Fred a while ago that fedex bashed up and broke the solenoid connector on, so it's already broken. And yes, the thing is supposed to be on there pretty tight it seems. I recall the original pump on my car that the fitting would swivel, but it was probably loose. That pump was in a rather sad state overall. Anyway I did take that part of it apart to see what makes it chooch. It's a pretty big hex fitting, 30mm or so. I would ask Cardone but I don't see much reason why you couldn't loosen it, move it, and then re-tighten it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Steering Pump   Power Steering Pump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Steering Pump
Page 1 of 1