GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back spacing measurement?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
6500steve54

6500steve54

Back spacing measurement? Empty
PostSubject: Back spacing measurement?   Back spacing measurement? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am

Can anyone tell me the back spacing measurement on 1994 Caprice wagon stock steel wheels?
It,s hot and I don,t feel like pulling one off and deflateing it to measure. OK laugh now but
you,ll get gray and fat someday. Thanks Steve.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Back spacing measurement?   Back spacing measurement? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 pm

You do not have to deflate the tire to measure the offset. You only have to measure from the mounting surface to the inside of the rim. You can use a 16 inch straight edge, and span the rim for the inner edge. If you have a full size spare you could measure it.
Back to top Go down
6500steve54

6500steve54

PostSubject: Re: Back spacing measurement?   Back spacing measurement? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't have a spare, there's a funny story as to why, but I'll tell that another time. I'm wanting to use a steel wheel from a 1994 Suburban to
make myself a spare and was wanting to compare back spacing to what the wagon should have. Also I'm going to shop some custom wheels
and just didn't want to pull one off the car. Thanks. Steve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back spacing measurement?   Back spacing measurement? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back spacing measurement?
Page 1 of 1