GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........

Go down 
+2
rh96ss
Acme Racer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Empty
PostSubject: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 am

Hi Gang
I'm back after being "away" for a while, ok several months actually. After taking the wifes "GSX" wagon to Pigeon Forge for the GM Supernationals back in June, my health started "acting up" again. Havent been to a show since. The end of August, I had yet another heart attack. Then after that they had to replace the artery in my right upper leg. That happened about 4 weeks ago. Since then been doin alot of just laying around, learning to walk again, along with PT. I'm now "officially" a "cranky old man", as I now have a walker to wander about with. I'm finally able to walk around again fairly easily now Smile I havent touched or driven either wagon since mid June, either Sad I havent driven anything since the end of August, either. The Dr is happy with everything so far, and I feel a bunch better than I have in a long time., Still alittle weak, but my strength will come back in time too Smile

Also, I'd like to wish everyone here a very safe & Happy Thanksgiving from Daytona Beach!

Larry

Last edited by Acme Racer on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:07 am

Glad your recovery is going smoothly. Time to get you back in a wagon ASAP. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:25 am

Hang in there Larry and listen to the Doctors and your body.Sounds like you have had a rough time but things are
looking better.
Best Wishes and Get Better Soon!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:13 am

Larry actually sounds like "himself" now compared to a few weeks ago.

Can we mod the walker when I get home?

Happy Thanksgiving, get better.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:20 am

Good you are feeling well...... Hope to meet some day......
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Good chatting with you yesterday Larry! dunno what kept happening but the facebook IM stinks. Good to hear you are healing and look forward to seeing you soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Good to see you regaining your strength.

Hang in there Larry, you'll be back to car showing the most from coast to coast in no time.
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:25 am

Hi Gang
Thanks for all the well wishes. My recovery isnt nearly as quick as I'd like it, but I'm slowly gettin better every day. I did finally drive the "Yenko Impala SS" wagon out to the Turkey Run on Thursday. I had a golf cart to cruise around in wed & thurs to visit my "road family". I seen Bob Borchers at the show Thursday and visited with him for a while. I took friday off to "rest up" for saturday. It was great to see them again! I didnt realize how much I miss being on the road until then. On Sat at the Turkey Run I seen Rob (rh96ss) and we walked around some. Yes, I was walking around Sat afternoon. My leg held up great, no pain at all! But oh boy was I tried when I got home. But it was a "good" kind of tired.

I hated to miss alot of the "big events" this year, like the Woodward Dream Cruise, the Grand Run and others. Hopefully next season I can get to more shows and finally get to meet some of you.

Happy Hoildays from Daytona Beach!
Larry
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:40 am

Sorry I missed this thread. A belated welcome back and get well! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........   I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm back after being "MIA" for a while........
Page 1 of 1