GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars Empty
PostSubject: My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars   My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 am

I've seen many over-the-top custom hoods bolted on our wagons and sedans. I've seen fiberglass ones that look good in pics or from a distance, but that are wavy and fit and look terrible up close, and also hoods with huge hood scoops or giant/TALL cowls that actually really cheapen the looks of these classy old cars. I'm a big believer in tasteful mods...no Pep-Boys or JC Whitney mods... I have to say I really REALLY like the look of these new 2-inch steel cowl-induction hoods from KeyParts, # 0829-035. Fit looks great, steel so they bolt up like a factory hood, and they look very stock-ish, especially on an Impala SS. I seriously would like one for my wagon, but I actually really like my '96-only Collector's Edition stand-up hood ornament, and would miss it...and could not bear to drill into a $500 hood to mount it...besides...think that might look goofy on a cowl hood (but didn't Oldsmobile have a cowl hood on a Cutlass with a stand-up ornament at one time...442?....hmmmm...). Anyway, I really DO like this hood a lot!
My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars 4dab2a10
My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars 1295b810
My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars Cda90210

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars   My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Yup. I'll be buying one of these next year for sure.
Back to top Go down

My favorite custom, Cowl Induction hood for our cars
Page 1 of 1