GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
coolwind57

Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti Empty
PostSubject: Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti   Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 10:07 am

You guys see this? I'm kinda intrigued. My hood is badly rusted up front. Local junkyard wants $100 for a used steel hood. These guys appear to have fiberglass Cowl hoods for $219 opening bid. BuyItNow seems quite reasonable at $289.99. Cincinnatti is just an hour or so away from me. Anyone have experience with these guys? Anyone have a fiberglass hood that can share some experiences?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiberglass-IMPALA-CAPRICE-2-INCH-COWL-Bolt-on-Hood-91-96/143661196974?hash=item2172dfe6ae:g:pRwAAOSweW5VG07C
Back to top Go down
http://www.hushharborband.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti   Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 10:51 am

Living an hour away, you could easily check it out without having to buy one.  It could be a good deal.

I read the ebay listing a few things stuck out:

1.  Does not take PayPal

2.  Phone # removed by ebay.

3.  His feedback profile shows 17803 feedbacks.  But look at them.  There for Mercury dimes, Roosevelt dimes, and Indian head pennies.  Did not see feedback for 1 fiberglass hood, in 7 pages of feedback.  Interesting

4. Then at the end of the listing in red, is a note please contact us if there is an issue.

5.  He does have a good rating at 99.7, but there for the coins.

All may be good, but I'd have to do some investigating.

Tom
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti   Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 4:13 pm

He is not making the hoods, they are from this vendor.

Speedzone

They are out of Florida, so probably also ships from there as a dropship.  He could just be a "dealer" for them and gets a cut of the sale. He may also have bought some overstock and does actually have them in Cincinnatti.  If you can look at it and pick it up, it could be a good deal.

I don't know anything about Speedzone, but fiberglass parts are very hit and miss on quality and strength.  The best of them usually take a lot of fitting and smoothing to look decent.  Block sanding on something flexible is borderline impossible to get flat.

It would be interesting to know what hood they used for the pattern as the underside looks way different than the stock hood we had on our 96 RMW.

A bit of edit, Speedzone doesn't show that hood so may be different Speedzone, but the do carry lots of hood brands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti   Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiberglass 2-inch Cowl Hoods in Cincinnatti
Page 1 of 1