GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  Empty
PostSubject: Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon    Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:10 am

So lately I'd noticed that the battery gauge on the wagon was always hovering around the red. I drove the car to Cars and Coffee at The Oasis a few weeks back, and sitting at a light in gear with the a/c on, the turn signal got slower, and slower, then stopped altogether...and I saw the gauge was WAY down in the red. Shutting off the a/c got the signals working, but I knew the alternator was sick after 130k miles and 21-yrs of service.

Happily Rock Auto sent me a coupon and at the same time had a closeout on a brand new alternator for less than a remanufactured unit. Just installed and the Roady is much happier now!

Before
Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  22045711

After
Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  22046912

Before
Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  22089710

After
Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  22046911

BUT it's so shiny now I need to detail the engine compartment again! Ha! It never ends! Save the Whales!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon    Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:32 am

What did you do with the old alternators? I know some auto part stores will take them as a core for a reman unit.
Back to top Go down

Alternator Fun on the '96 Roadmaster Wagon
Page 1 of 1