GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Value discussion.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andebe

Andebe

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 11:06 am

I was contacted yesterday by a family member who is in the used car sales. They were trying to decide the value of a crispy,clean 1992 Caprice sedan. Maroon with the silver/gray bottom,Lace wheels, loaded 41k. One owner,a real gem...You get the picture. They didnt want it to get Donked out,I told them they have no control over that. Lol. I told them if it were mine,I dont think I would turn down $3500 for it. The owner was incensed. They were thinking $8500 minimum. I explained,the real value is in the Roadmasters and the LT-1's, Impalas. Am I wrong? Whats your guys opinion?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 1:15 pm

1993 Caprice (all maroon) sedan sold here locally sold for $6,500. And it only had 15k on it. It was flawless, every inch upper and lower.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Wow. Still quite less than what this gentlemen is/was inspecting.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Is the dealer taking the car in trade? Is it from outside the rust belt?

$8500 sounds at least $3000 too high, unless this is a museum piece.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 5:31 pm

""They were thinking $8500 minimum.""

Unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 6:14 pm

41k,. Well it'll need some work,..cars deteriorate if they don't get driven regularly. I have noticed over the years that the american market seems to over value low mile cars,
There is a 2004 regal LS for sale here,. It has 49,00kms car really is mint, not winter driven, it can be bought for 3000 loonies,.
What would be the draw for an old bubble caprice? Small motor crappy brakes yada yada,. Just the novelty of having to tell everybody it is a low mile car.
3500 usd is generous in my opinion,.
It's also my opinion that used car salesmen that try to sell a unit that they know little about, are usually well over priced, then 90 days later thing get re-evaluated. I have also found over the years that car salesmen quite often exist in their own reality, a reality not conducive to high intelligence.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Very true what Nick says. NEW owner of caprice sold here doesn't drive it much after going through it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Value discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Value discussion.   Value discussion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Value discussion.
Page 1 of 1